7-8 & Ungraded
El Dorado, AR

Posted May 10, 2009
My child absolutely loves BJHS. She is just finishing her second year at Barton. I believe that Barton has some of the best teachers in the state. Not only are they great in the classroom but volunteer their time to provide many extracurricular activities for their students. My daughter participated in this year's musical, 'High School Musical,' student government and many clubs offered to all students. If students struggle in the classroom their IRT's, Jeannie Strother and Karen Millican, do all they can to ensure success for each child. I can not say enough about how wonderful Barton is!

Barton Jr. High School 1

Posted April 09, 2008
My daughters have struggled going to these schools.They are only interested in gov. funding. They are not interested in teaching your children. My girls are in another state now and are struggling( 2 grades behind) They will pass your children even if they are struggling. Horrible schools. My children are nowpaying the price for their lack of teaching properly. Also too many drugs in this town! welfare stricken...not even 50% of the students are passing literature or math.

Posted February 11, 2008
This school is the best, but if you like good lunches dont come here. My favorite teacher is Miss. Gleghorn. The school is so cool we even have our own musical every school year!

Barton Jr. High School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
This is my daughters first year at Barton Jr. High. Although she is very busy with three Pre-AP classes, she thouroughly enjoys her days there. During Parent/Teacher conferences recently, I could tell the teachers want the children to learn, and have control in their respective classrooms....Her favorite teachers are Mrs. Huddleston and Mrs. Milliken.....Keep up the good work teachers!! I applaude all of you for what you do everyday!! Regina Ross-Billings, Parent

Posted March 31, 2007
This school is not the best nor worst. Some teachers here at this school do not show respect to there students. Which make them fell like not going to school. Although there are some teachers that make learning fun and show there students respect like Ms. Coker, she is my favorite teacher as she is to many other student. She is nice but strict and offers her time before and after school to her students to help them one on one. Even though this school needs some major adjustments it a pretty okay school

Posted November 14, 2006

Posted October 03, 2006

Barton Jr. High School 2

Posted January 11, 2005
Its ok, But i think they can do a litle better about the teachers, i mean how come we cant stay in one room for the whole day? -- Some Chick

Posted July 11, 2004

Posted May 09, 2004
I am now attending Barton Jr. High and it is the bomb! My favorite teacher is Miss Gleghorn. She is the best teacher in the whole dang school! The whole school is really great. If you are thinking about attending this school,you should!

Barton Jr. High School
400 West Faulkner St, El Dorado, AR  71730
Last modified Barton Jr. High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barton Jr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top