5-6 & Ungraded
El Dorado, AR

Posted February 26, 2013
Washington Middle School is a wonderful school with excellent teachers. My granddaughter is having a great experience at this school.

Posted September 05, 2012
I have 5th grade student at Washington. I have been very impressed with this school. Do they have problems? Of course. Do all schools have problems? Of course. (even Parkers Chapel). Keep up the good work WMS.

Washington Middle School 1

Posted February 21, 2009
I went to this school for 2 or 3 days. I have to say this was the worst school I've ever been to in my whole entire life. But know i'm in a wonderful school, (parkers chapel!) and know Im also in seventh grade, so obviously I went there in sixth, and its was unsatisfactory!! my mom wasnt happy, and she was so ticked off she just couldnt stand it, neither could my father. They took me out of that school so fast they took the nail polish off my feet!! So I do not and will never ever recommend this school to anyone!! Its like a mini prsion for kids!! Its a really bad experience! Those kids there are so ghetto its just ashame,Im talking about the white and black kids!! Its terrible!! I hate Washington Middle!!

Washington Middle School 5

Posted January 26, 2007
I was very concerned about sending my son to WMS. Changing classes and the size of the school was bigger than Northwest Elementary. Boy was I wrong! We are having the best academic year we have ever had. He likes school, he is taking Spanish, has had art and a computer class. One of the teachers has formed an after school Guitar Club. This year the school formed accelerated Math/Science and English/Reading classes. He has the same teacher for two periods and works on extra stuff in each class. He is definitely not bored this year. And he enjoys the challenge. We haven't had any discipline issues or administration problems.

Washington Middle School 5

Posted October 01, 2006
My child went to Yocum as well, however he has thoroughly enjoyed Washington Middle School. He enjoys the teachers, the administration, and the programs that are available. Washington Middle School is a great place!

Posted August 20, 2006
After having my children at Yocum Elementary School, I truly know what a blessing the staff and teachers are there in comparison to WMS. My children hate going and I hate sending them.

Posted November 15, 2005
Yes, WMS has its share of problems, but bringing my boys to the school was the best thing I ever did for them. They have learned and enjoyed being at WMS. I have watched my son that always felt second best to his twin become more confident and self-assured. I have no regrets about sending my children there.

Posted October 28, 2005
Administration of district holds learning back by not empowering the teachers. The staff & administration of Washington itself are wonderful. The school needs more money and creativity to show the kids that learning can be fun. It's called a focus schsool but there is no funding for the focus. There is too much 'teaching the test' pushed upon the teachers.

Posted June 06, 2005

Washington Middle School 1

Posted January 09, 2005
I taught at WMS for several years and loved it. I decided to leave when it changed to grades 5-6. I didn't feel like the administration was there to support the teachers and the children were allowed to do anything they wanted without fear of punishment. Some problems were severe and all that resulted was a phone call to parents which did absolutely nothing.

Washington Middle School
601 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, El Dorado, AR  71730
Last modified Washington Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top