K-4 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child attended Yocum for two years. Our experience there was a nightmare. As a parent, I came to realize the more I attempted to find out what was going on, the worse the problems became. Some of the staff and administration at that school seem to intentionally hide details of situations from parents. I found them to be lying to me on multiple occasions. I was called and or emailed on my job continually about problems warranting suspension but explanations were unavailable or generic and changing. Before moving schools, my child was being bullied by administration and I was to the point that I felt nauseous to see a call coming in from the school. We have had a wonderful experience with El Dorado since moving to a different elementary school with a more diverse makeup and quality staff. Sending your child to Yocum is the worst punishment a parent can do to their child. It is depressing to hear the sobs and begging to not make them go back there. My child begged me everyday to please don't make me go. It is horrible.

First off, my kids would come home and complain they were sick so they wouldnt have to go back to school. Everyday they were sad. They started getting depressed because mostly the children and teachers not doing anything about it. Theres no gym, rarely get to go outside. The staff/ teachers do not inform you of accidents or if someone hits your child theres no notes not even a call to let you know whats going on; i have to hear it from my kids. Most times the teachers know about it, but brush it off. They do have some good things like science fairs, but thats no where close enough to make this into a enjoyable school. I started voluntering just to be able to make them feel somewhat comfortable. They will not be going back.

Great school with emphasis on math, science, and engineering.

Last modified Yocum Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.