Holcomb Elementary School

Public | K-4

Posted April 21, 2009

We have a kindergartner finishing up the first year at Holcomb and we have been very pleased with the school. The first year principal has done a great job from our perspective. Our child loves to going to school there and is excited to go to school everyday. Her progress in reading, math & other skills has been excellent compared to other friends of kindergartners around town as well as other friends we have in various parts of the country. I have volunteered at the school on several occasions and have been welcomed with enthusiasm by the faculty. I have spent time in various classrooms and each one was a great experience. Overall, we are very satisfied with the school.

Posted June 7, 2007

Holcomb has a really good reputation in town, but if this is one of the cities' best schools, I'd hate to see the worst. My son has ADHD. He's on medication that controls most of his symptoms. He has an IEP. Holcomb's academic programs are good, however, and there are multiple options for parent volunteerism. But my child's going to a private school next year. Where he'll be treated with respect. And where he'll learn it's OK to be different, and that he doesn't have to fit a certain required 'mold.' I'm looking forward to the change.

Posted December 18, 2006

John Colbert is a good principal, and clearly loves the kids. There are a LOT of wonderful teachers and staff at this school and just a few that aren't so wonderful. [every school has a few] The gifted program is good and the staff really do care for the kids and try to teach and stimulate the child's desire to learn. I have three children who attend this school. One has been there for three years, one for two, and one is in Kindergarten. It's good to see your kids come home excited about school every day. Definitely one of the best schools in Fayetteville.

Posted March 31, 2006

Holcomb is a wonderful elementary school. The teachers are top notch!

Posted February 19, 2006

A fantasic school from what we have experienced. Excellent administrative staff that is always helpful and friendly. Great extracurricular activities for the students and lots of parent involvement. Crosswalks leading from parking lots to sidewalks would be a huge improvement and traffic flow for cars dropping off / picking up students could be improved.

Posted June 28, 2005

My children are receiving an excellent education at Holcomb. The teachers, principal and staff really care about their students. They make sure each student receives the proper assistance to learn and that each student is challenged.

Posted November 20, 2004

I am a grandma to a child who attends your elementary and I am very disturbed at ther reports I get from my grandson and son and daughter in law in the way you treat my grandson and the inability to support my son and daughter in law in the quest to resolve issues. I am a licensed social worker and I assure you that, my son has attempted many times to resolve issues only to fail because your administration would not cooperate. I know the people to contact and the channels to use and I will use them. Believe me. You better get your administration straight as well as your buses because I will be heard. Marcia Tester

Grade level

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 41%N/A61%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2900 North Salem Rd