Posted February 01, 2014
Education and growth of knowledge is the focus at vandergriff. As a mother who is able to go into the school on a regular basis, I see and hear kind teachers, kind kids and a friendly staff for the majority. I appreciate the teachers that look to challenge kids and also make the learning process fun. I see confidence building techniques used in the learning process. I would recommend better hygiene (hand washing) and healthier foods on the menu for it to be a 5 star school. I encourage my kids to be respectful and treat others as they want to be treated. We do not wear much brand name clothing as it is pointless at any age to focus on that. My kids dress in the most mis-matched things they can find and are confident with their choices and I'm fine with that. Build confidence in your child at home and allow teachers to build their minds at school.

Vandergriff Elementary School 2

Posted December 03, 2013
Yes Vandergriff is materialistic. The teachers aren't warm and seem to meet standards of each other. They have their own little thing going like it's still college. Their very petty. If you attend make sure you wear name brand clothes and so your not talked. I like a more christian atmosphere myself. My child needs a warm and christian kind of people so he can learn by example by good role models. A good person cause the ripple effect in this world and I want my children to be some of the good people and not like the teachers at this school

Vandergriff Elementary School 2

Posted December 03, 2013
I've been taken aback at the general emotional environment at Vandergriff, with a few shining exceptions. I've seen children's sad feelings ignored, and at times scorned, by office staff and some others. With some rare exceptions, the teachers are not the kind of warm, happy types I've met at other elementary schools. Stand in a straight line and sit in your seat! The main focus is keeping up the test scores, but research shows something like 80% of the variance between schools' tests scores can be explained by economic differences between schools. I'm surprised other affluent parents (although there's a surprising number of families in the Vandergriff district who are not) are so happy with this school, but I've discovered many are, themselves, rather authoritarian in their ways, so the school reflect their values and style. If your child marches well to orders and isn't affected by seeing other kids who don't receive the consequences, you may love this school. We're planning to sell our house and move to a different school zone, where the atmosphere is more relaxed and friendly. Facts can be forgotten, but emotional lessons last a lifetime.

Vandergriff Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2010
Best elementary school in the state. It recently received the "Blue Ribbon Award". I have lived in Missouri, Tennessee, Indiana and Michigan, and Vandergriff is far superior in creating an environment conducive for learning.

Posted February 05, 2008

Posted February 17, 2005
Vandergriff is a tremendous school, the best in Fayetteville. We moved here from Texas, and were a little concerned about the quality of the education here in Arkansas. Vandergriff exceeds our expectations. We have two boys there, and they have many friends. They love their teachers as well.

Posted February 03, 2005
Vandergriff has great faculty and staff! Parent involvement is tops! Children are exposed to art, music and physical activity and there is opportunity for learning spanish right after school. However, Vandergriff is currently expanding and adding new classrooms. The younger children's playground had to be torn down due to the expansion. They now have to have recess on a concrete slab or in an open field. My child has had a hard time with this as recess used to be his favorite time of the day. I wish they would have relocated the equipment to another area for the children to use during the construction. Also, children only receive one 15 minute recess per day. I think this is too little time for outside play time. Other than that, we are very happy with Vandergriff. The staff is very caring.

Vandergriff Elementary School
2975 East Township St, Fayetteville, AR  72703
Last modified Vandergriff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vandergriff Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top