Bad
Good

The new principle that came to the school this year has really changed the culture of the school, for the worse in my opinion. First off, she's not good with communicating to parents. Kids and teachers have told me they don't like her strict attitude. I rarely see her in the hallways during conferences. She cancelled a couple of afterschool events that have traditionally taken place there. If you knew Mrs. Greene (the previous principle), this new principle is the complete opposite in terms of attitude, openness, friendliness and leadership.

My son started Kindergarten at Asbell just last month, and we are so impressed! His teacher is caring, has good classroom skills and communicates great. The morning assembly is a positive way to start the day, and makes my son want to get up and get to school. We are extremely pleased with our school!

Asbell was truly the school with a heart until admin changed. The principal many see as strong is really a bit of a bulley, in my opinion. Ask the teachers who've left the building if you want to know the true story. The teachers who've stayed....wonderful!

I have 4 kids at Asbell. Principal Greene is an excellent Principal. My kids have wonderful, caring teachers. We are zoned for another school in Fayetteville, but we transferred to Asbell because it's truly the school with a heart. It's definitely the best kept secret in Fayetteville. Asbell is awesome!

I am very pleased with thsi school. I have 2 children in Asbell and plan on staying there. The teachers and office staff really care for the kids. I trust them to make the best decsions for my children, as they treat them as they would their own.My son attended part of Kindergaten at Washington Elementary and anytime I asked the staff for any sort of assitance there, they acted as if it was a giant chore. So the staff at Asbell has been a plesant upgrade. I also appriciate the fact that Asbell is both racially and economically diverse. Not all wealthy and white. The cons to this school would be parent involement and standardized test scores. As far as parents invovlement-we are very much a working class school - so that may be a factor. I do hope test scores improve to reflect the great effort of this incredible staff.

Asbell is a wonderful school. The staff is among the best in town. The quality of education is great. The staff does a great job with providing an appropriate curriculum for its students. They go far above and beyond. I love the warm inviting feeling I receive when I walk through the door. I feel that my children are safe 100% of the time. The dismissal process for car riders and bus riders is thorough and safe. I can tell that the staff there is dedicated to a safe environment. I can also tell that my children are well loved by the teachers, staff, and principal. I thank you Asbell for being top notch.

I am very happy with this school. My son started Kindergarten here just last month and I was so surprised at the amount of teacher involvement, amount of resources, and how much the teachers work with the parents. I couldn't believe that the Kindergarten classroom had 6 computers in it! That is excellent since these days, kids really need to learn computers early in life as everything is on the computer. I was also so happy with the fact that my son has Art once a week, Music class once a week (and will learn to play keyboards and other instruments even this year!), PE twice a week, and Library once a week (each of these are one hour per day). I really love this school! Miss Hays is the best

Last modified Asbell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.