Butterfield Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted August 21, 2013

My daughter has been attending Butterfield since Kindergarten, and is now in 5th. I am actually saddened by the fact that this is her last year there. The school is absolutely wonderful...teachers, principal, office staff, cafeteria staff, bus drivers...Everyone! My daughter has excelled so much in this school that she has even skipped a full grade. Their GT program is incredible. There is no such thing as boredom here. I'm glad to say that I have another daughter starting Kindergarten there next year. My girls and I absolutely love this school! Keep up the outstanding work!

Posted January 23, 2012

Thought there is little feeling left in Butterfield, that there was when I was in elemtary there, there are still excellent opportunities, and outdoor activities. This was an absolutely wonderful school experience to me.

Posted December 7, 2010

I grow increasingly concerned over the principals need to "control" everything. In the morning breakfast line...one minute late...too bad so sad. The child goes hungry despite it not being their fault they're late...THEY CAN'T DRIVE THEMSELVES! Why do they complain about not enough time in the day? They waste fifteen minutes every morning plus fifteen in the afternoon. Wonder how she'd feel if it were her child... If you want your children to attend a school where the principal rules with a iron fist...try Asbell. Oh, as for the teachers, who can see them for her?

Posted April 5, 2010

Butterfield is a top-notch public school. It has just the right mix of diversity and academics for my two children to succeed. We have enjoyed the renovation as well.

Posted December 15, 2008

I am so thrilled with my neighborhood school - old or new - it is the best in Fayetteville!

Posted October 10, 2007

Outstanding. Superb teachers, advanced curriculum and top-notch administration in a loving, caring, compassionate, environment. We are delighted Butterfield is our neighborhood school. We wouldn't want them anywhere else. After attending private schools all my life, I was concerned about navigating the world of public school. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. Butterfield is the best of both worlds.

Posted February 20, 2007

My son is in the first grade at Butterfield and we couldn't be happier! I recently attended his Valentine's Day party and was very impressed at the diversity (socially, economically, religious, racial, etc.) represented in his classroom. The children were attentive and enjoyed listening to their teacher. My son has been allowed to excel at his own pace and has been exposed to a great variety of activities. The administrative staff are very caring. They allowed my son to call me when I forgot to pack his lunch and he was upset. They also called me when my son needed a change of clothing after he fell in the mud on the playground. They didn't treat my son as a disruption but as the sweet little boy that he is. He loves going to school, and I love that he is at Butterfield, the BEST school in Fayetteville.

Posted March 12, 2005

My daughter has been in Butterfield in Kdg and 1st grade. She loves it and has had wonderful teachers. The principal is friendly and caring and so is the staff. They all work together for the benefit of the students in the school. My daughter will continue there until 5th grade.

Posted June 30, 2004

Great school and program with a top notch staff.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 43%N/A61%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3050 North Old Missouri Rd