Fayetteville, AR

Posted March 04, 2014
I love this school and bought a house nearby just for Root! The facilities may be older and the building may not be the newest but the that is minor considered to the amazing staff, top notch PTO, high parental involvement and great administration. Out of all the schools in Fayetteville, I have chosen Root over private (or any other school) because of their wonderful learning atmosphere. Check it out - you'll be impressed.

Posted January 08, 2014
We moved here a few months ago from Maryland and have been really pleased with Root. The principal and staff welcomed both my children with open arms. Both my son's second grade teacher and my daughter's 4th grade teacher have worked tirelessly to help my kids feel at ease and comfortable. We are also really impressed with the quality of the other services at the school compared to what we experienced in Maryland. The speech pathologist we have met with on several occasions is outstanding and my kids are always excited about art classes. For us, it has been a very welcoming, warm environment

Root Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2013
Something has happened at Root and it isn't the school it once was. The teaching is very uneven. Many first year teachers, many substitutes. Not a lot of teachers have been there very long at all. The communication with parents doesn't make sense--you will get a lot of unimportant paperwork, but if your child is behind or not understanding something you won't hear a peep. The school is falling down too--water damage, ceiling tiles crashing on the desks. The principal seems to be getting harsher and less tolerant and is certainly not as approachable. The website isn't kept updated, it's hard to find things on it and the children don't get to use any of the neat equipment that they do in other schools. I hope it gets better by the time our next child gets there or we will be looking elsewhere.

Posted August 12, 2012
We moved to our neighborhood specifically for this school. Best decision we made. Our child has thrived and been very happy here. The principal is approachable, caring, and involved with the well being of every student. The PTO activity has enabled the school to maintain quality programs and events for every child. Yes, the school is older which also means it is small but it is one of the best in the area.

Posted August 09, 2012
We were relocated to Fayetteville last Fall after the school year had already started. My first grader was stressed, as was I-the school was welcoming and helpful and professional and made our transition easy. From the front office to the principal-to his classroom teacher-each person seemed to go above and beyond. We rented in the neighborhood because I saw the school (some say old) and thought THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL-lots of windows-lots of art work-room to run and play-just as an elementary should be. I love that they have PE, art and music each week. End of the year my sons test scores were great, he has made good friends and our family has done the same. I could not ask for a better experience and we are looking forward to second grade and buying a home-only in this school district.

Root Elementary School 3

Posted December 14, 2011
Overrated. Very uneven teaching--some excellent teachers, some truly terrible. The principal is very sensitive to community politics. The parent/teacher organization is powerful and very active. Classroom overcrowding is typical for the district, but this school is bursting at the seams even with a mobile classroom or two (very clean, tho). If you want your children to attend this school, buy a house close by. Even then, your child might get bumped out.

Posted September 07, 2011
I have children in first and third grade at Root Elementary and our experience at this school has been fantastic. The school principal is very approachable, and a true champion of ALL students at Root. The parents are very involved, although sometimes it seems a smaller number of parents ending up doing LOTS of hard work ... so I'm sure additional involvement would be welcome. The building could certainly use a makeover, but the quality of the teachers inside is what makes the difference. The most special thing about Root to me has been the friendliness and kindness of the families that attend this school. I have spoken with parents at other elementary schools in the area, and even they agree that Root is one of the friendliest places to be. This is a great school that you will be proud to be a part of.

Root Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2011
Run from this school! It is outdated and in poor condition. The new principal is very difficult.

Posted September 16, 2009
Root is a happy school, and also serious about learning.

Posted August 22, 2009

Root Elementary School
1529 Mission Blvd, Fayetteville, AR  72701
Last modified Root Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Root Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top