Posted November 06, 2014
Great sense of community and strong leadership. My son has attended K-3 so far and we have had a wonderful experience. Small class size allows for individual attention. Teachers are well trained and very concerned with each individual. They work hard to integrate parents into every aspect of your child's education. Parents are always welcome on field trips and invited to holiday events. Teachers answer emails promptly and will often give you same day or same hour attention. We have had a wonderful experience!!

Posted April 03, 2014
Very pleased with our experience. One of the smaller schools in town so everyone seems to know your child.

Posted February 16, 2014
Our two kids are in their second years at Washington Elementary School, and we could not be happier with this amazing place. In one sense, I hesitate to leave this review because it feels like the bizarrely low rating on this site helps keep it a well-kept secret -- reasonable class sizes, no bullying whatsoever, brilliant teachers, and administrators who just "get it." The school is completely unlike a few of the socioeconomically segregated schools in town; we were at one of these for a while, and it was a cloistered experience. Since Washington. offers open enrollment, it's a wonderful cross-section of kids of every background. They do a great job of accommodating kids moving at different paces. There's a strong volunteer culture, so nearly every class has a few UA professors coming in each week to teach small groups. And if a kid is acting up, it's not "bad kid" -- it's, "let's figure out what's bothering this kid and support her together." Truthfully. It seems impossible, but somehow they've instilled this in every single student. Just a great place to send our kids.

Posted September 07, 2013
We love our small close-nit school. The teachers really care about the students and have really helped my sons feel good about school.

Posted February 15, 2013
It is obvious that many of the teachers are here only for a paycheck and don't have a desire to be around children. The principal says whatever she thinks parents want to hear, but does not follow through. The children here are going to have a tough time catching up, if they are even able considering the limited skills they are being taught, when they get out of this place.

Posted July 04, 2012
My little boy was ignored when he needed more help then the other children he was always pushed aside and others where attended to more. II know this because all year round I found reasons to come up there. A few of the teachers aren't nice acting towards the kid's, but nicer to parents.The principal did nothing when there was a big problem that occurred. I would rate a zero if I could. I ate lunch up there and would look out the cafeteria window to see the kids not being watched and saw bullying a few times- dropping my son off I saw this as well. I was always the one pointing this out to the teachers which one and telling them to go to class in a nice manner glaring at the mean one. RATE 0

Posted July 03, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer who said his/her child was treated as if they were unworthy of teachers' time. The lack of timely information, lack of follow through, lack of control and lack of real concern (not just the administration's lip service) are glaring problems at this school. If I could rate zero stars I would.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
It's a wonderful community oriented school that is concerned with the education of its children.

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2009
Our two kids transferred into this school last fall (in 1st and 3rd grade). We've found a wonderfully diverse student body, nice old downtown neighborhood, dedicated staff that takes the time to get to know kids as individuals, and ample opportunities for parents to get involved in the school. We're pleased with our choice.

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2008

Washington Elementary School
425 North Nighland Ave, Fayetteville, AR  72701
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top