No rating

Calvary Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 168 students

Living in Forrest City

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $77,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $560.

Posted July 15, 2011

We are certainly going to miss this Calvary Christian School family. I miss all of you already, just knowing we will not see you much. "God Bless All Of You" and thank you all so very much for being so good to Kourtney and all our family.......'we are surely going to miss Miss Trudy. Love you all Sandra Hall

Posted May 27, 2011

I attended this school thru my 10th grade year. The academics provided at Calvary are very inferior to other schools. Had I not chosen to attend a public school for my 11th and 12th grade years, I would have never been able to make it in college. I agree with another reviewer that the teachers have very little to no knowledge regarding the subject matter they are attempting to teach. As far as the Christian aspect of the school, I found the school staff to be uncaring and punitive to the students.

Posted May 26, 2011

To Ms Hess, Staff, Teachers, Personnel, Ms Judy, Ms Faye & Parents: Kourtney Harris will not be attending Calvary next school term. She is starting Cross County School Dist. in Cherry Valley which will allow her mother to be able to take Kourtney to school on her way to work, in Jonesboro and sometimes able to pick her up on her way home. Kourtney is looking forward to this change and is familiar with many of the students and teachers. She has already signed up and been accepted to be on the cheerleading squad. Kourtney already knows their cheers since she attends many of their ballgames. Her cousin is the elementary football quarterback. Many of her friends and family attend this school. Kourtney will take her Christian values with her as she moves forward in this change and if it doesn't work out we will be back to Calvary. Kourtney has made life-long friends and will never forget them in her lifetime. Cross County School is a small, family oriented school, not as small and personable as Calvary, but small for public school. We will continue praying for Calvary as well as her new school. Kourtney will miss having Miss Norris for 4th grade! We Love You All !!! Sandra Hall

Posted March 10, 2011

My child loves being a part of Calvary Christian School. She has been going since almost birth. How many schools this day and time requires you to carry your bible to school. Wow! Enough said....... The teachers are awesome and truly want to be there teaching your child. Ms Hess is a wonderful leader, Ms Judy in daycare is a great person and truly loves the time she gets to spend with your children. She is awesome and her staff helping her is wonderful, especially Ms Faye in the kitchen, I know God personally sent her to Calvary Christian school. The office staff are very genuine, caring people. They are such a blessing to Calvary. Thank you, Calvary Christian School for giving of yourselves and making sure our children have a safe, Christian, loving school to attend. No wonder there is a waiting list, who wouldn't want to be a part of this minstry. We drive from Wynne everyday and am thankful for the school being as close as it is. During our drive, we get to have our morning prayer together. It is just awesome! I can't say enough good things about Calvary Christian School. Thank you, says it best!

Posted February 14, 2011

I attended every grade of Calvary Christian, and I received an education so below-par that it boggles the mind the school ever received accreditation. The teachers were, almost without exception, amateurs in their fields AT BEST, and in most cases were entirely unfamiliar with their topics of instruction. Teachers were unable to answer basic questions posed by students, the administration was unable to supervise educational quality, and the A Beka line of homeschool materials used as textbooks is thoroughly worthless. I wish I could say that these faults were balanced by a thorough and mature focus on a Christian perspective, but it was not. While Christianity was effused throughout the curriculum, nothing in it required any student to think - only to memorize and repeat. Bible classes do not differ in any material way from third grade to twelfth; even Bible textbooks remain identical from sixth grade through twelfth. This fact should shock and enrage potential parents looking for a good Christian education for their children. In summation, the education is vastly overpriced, unbelievably inferior, and utterly worthless for any student wishing to attend college.

Posted May 28, 2009

Calvary Christian School is probably the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. This was my first year at Calvary; I just finished 9th grade, and I plan to come back next year. Everyone is like a big, happy family here, and the education is top-notch. I would encourage anyone to attend CCS; it's an incredible place to be!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 8, 2008

I want to say I Love everything about Calvary Christian School/ Everyone takes special care of my precious Grand-Baby girl- Kourtney Brooke Harris-- I have no complaints, never had any complaints-- I just love the fact that there is a Christian School this close to our home of Wynne. I truly love everyone I have ever met there; children, students, teachers, office personnal, etc..., everyone is so understanding, patient & kind & Loving-- Now that's what a Christian School environment should be about! Love You All!! Sandra Hall, Nannie to Kourtney Harris

Posted September 8, 2008

I rate this a 5 star school & am very pleased with the education my grand-child is getting, plus a Christian Based environment with the best Christian teachers anyone could possibly ask for--- Calvary Christian School-----You ARE Great & very much needed in this area. 'Thank You & Thank God For This opportunity to be part of the Calvary Christian School family'-- And 'Thank You, Office Staff For Everyday You Are There and Everything You Do To Help Us' (especially remember things)~~~~~~~~~ Sandra Hall

Posted April 23, 2008

Calvary has been a positive experience for our family. Both of our children have attended the preschool program and we hope to continue their elementary education at Calvary. The teachers work with the entire family to educate the child. Our children are educated, happy, and SAFE!

Posted January 3, 2008

I love this school. My children love it also. I have one in Kindergarten and one in 10th grade. I was worried about moving my 10th grader from a public school to here, but he adjusted the very 1st day. The kids are really nice and he loves his teachers and the atmosphere. It was really a great choice.

Posted February 27, 2007

I am a 10th grade high school student and I would like to say some things about the school. I love the school very much. The high school principal (Mrs. Kathy Hill) is such a sweet heart. What I love the most about the school is when Mr. and Mrs. Knaupp come from Oregon and hold a retreat for us. The students at the high school are like one big family. We all love each other even if we get on each others nerves. I love Calvary Christian High School!
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 10, 2007

Calvary Christian School is a great school with wonderful teachers; however, the principle is horrible. If they would get rid of Mrs. Suzanne Hess the school would flourish. She is rude, mean, unprofessional, and a Hippocratic. She does not take care of her staff or the children.

Posted April 18, 2005

My daughter loves going to school. She loves her teacher Mrs. Gossell. It is a wonderful environment. I have watched her knowledge grow all year and it has been wonderful. She has cousins in public school and you can tell that her reading and math skills are more advanced than thiers. I would recommend Calvery to everybody that wants thier child to recieve the best education available.

Posted January 6, 2005

My wife and I have been very pleased with all aspects of Calvary Christian School. My daughter is in K4 and my son K5. They both seem to be well ahead of public schools curriculum. The school has a 'small town' atmosphere with good Christian environment. I would recommend this school to anyone. Bryan Middendorf

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1611 North Washington Street