Forrest City, AR

Posted July 15, 2011
We are certainly going to miss this Calvary Christian School family. I miss all of you already, just knowing we will not see you much. "God Bless All Of You" and thank you all so very much for being so good to Kourtney and all our family.......'we are surely going to miss Miss Trudy. Love you all Sandra Hall

Posted May 27, 2011
I attended this school thru my 10th grade year. The academics provided at Calvary are very inferior to other schools. Had I not chosen to attend a public school for my 11th and 12th grade years, I would have never been able to make it in college. I agree with another reviewer that the teachers have very little to no knowledge regarding the subject matter they are attempting to teach. As far as the Christian aspect of the school, I found the school staff to be uncaring and punitive to the students.

Posted May 26, 2011
To Ms Hess, Staff, Teachers, Personnel, Ms Judy, Ms Faye & Parents: Kourtney Harris will not be attending Calvary next school term. She is starting Cross County School Dist. in Cherry Valley which will allow her mother to be able to take Kourtney to school on her way to work, in Jonesboro and sometimes able to pick her up on her way home. Kourtney is looking forward to this change and is familiar with many of the students and teachers. She has already signed up and been accepted to be on the cheerleading squad. Kourtney already knows their cheers since she attends many of their ballgames. Her cousin is the elementary football quarterback. Many of her friends and family attend this school. Kourtney will take her Christian values with her as she moves forward in this change and if it doesn't work out we will be back to Calvary. Kourtney has made life-long friends and will never forget them in her lifetime. Cross County School is a small, family oriented school, not as small and personable as Calvary, but small for public school. We will continue praying for Calvary as well as her new school. Kourtney will miss having Miss Norris for 4th grade! We Love You All !!! Sandra Hall

Posted March 10, 2011
My child loves being a part of Calvary Christian School. She has been going since almost birth. How many schools this day and time requires you to carry your bible to school. Wow! Enough said....... The teachers are awesome and truly want to be there teaching your child. Ms Hess is a wonderful leader, Ms Judy in daycare is a great person and truly loves the time she gets to spend with your children. She is awesome and her staff helping her is wonderful, especially Ms Faye in the kitchen, I know God personally sent her to Calvary Christian school. The office staff are very genuine, caring people. They are such a blessing to Calvary. Thank you, Calvary Christian School for giving of yourselves and making sure our children have a safe, Christian, loving school to attend. No wonder there is a waiting list, who wouldn't want to be a part of this minstry. We drive from Wynne everyday and am thankful for the school being as close as it is. During our drive, we get to have our morning prayer together. It is just awesome! I can't say enough good things about Calvary Christian School. Thank you, says it best!

Posted February 14, 2011
I attended every grade of Calvary Christian, and I received an education so below-par that it boggles the mind the school ever received accreditation. The teachers were, almost without exception, amateurs in their fields AT BEST, and in most cases were entirely unfamiliar with their topics of instruction. Teachers were unable to answer basic questions posed by students, the administration was unable to supervise educational quality, and the A Beka line of homeschool materials used as textbooks is thoroughly worthless. I wish I could say that these faults were balanced by a thorough and mature focus on a Christian perspective, but it was not. While Christianity was effused throughout the curriculum, nothing in it required any student to think - only to memorize and repeat. Bible classes do not differ in any material way from third grade to twelfth; even Bible textbooks remain identical from sixth grade through twelfth. This fact should shock and enrage potential parents looking for a good Christian education for their children. In summation, the education is vastly overpriced, unbelievably inferior, and utterly worthless for any student wishing to attend college.

Posted June 17, 2009

Posted May 28, 2009
Calvary Christian School is probably the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. This was my first year at Calvary; I just finished 9th grade, and I plan to come back next year. Everyone is like a big, happy family here, and the education is top-notch. I would encourage anyone to attend CCS; it's an incredible place to be!

Posted February 23, 2009

Posted February 22, 2009

Calvary Christian School 0

Posted September 08, 2008
I want to say I Love everything about Calvary Christian School/ Everyone takes special care of my precious Grand-Baby girl- Kourtney Brooke Harris-- I have no complaints, never had any complaints-- I just love the fact that there is a Christian School this close to our home of Wynne. I truly love everyone I have ever met there; children, students, teachers, office personnal, etc..., everyone is so understanding, patient & kind & Loving-- Now that's what a Christian School environment should be about! Love You All!! Sandra Hall, Nannie to Kourtney Harris

Calvary Christian School
1611 North Washington Street, Forrest City, AR  72335
Last modified Calvary Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top