Bad
Good

This school does a great job with kids with high functioning autism. My son transferred to Cavanaugh in the middle of 2nd grade. He is graduating from 6th grade this year. It was the best decision we ever made! They have 3 classrooms specifically for kids with high funcitoning autism, and the teachers are very patient and knowledgeable. Ms. Bielser and Mrs. Bell are wonderful. Also, Mr. Needham, the principal, has been nothing but welcoming and assessible from the start. I highly recommed this school!

This school has amazing students and teachers. We moved here last year and I was very impressed by how the teachers go above and beyond to work with the students in their class. I would not want my children to go anywhere else!

We moved to this district for what we heard was a great school till we got our special need son and daughter enrolled and after going for 2 whole days on the 3rd day kicked them out and want to bus 5 miles away. My son keepa crying not able to understand what he did wrong since he can not go back no more. And to make it worst we have to meet at that school that would not keep my children to go there and ride the bus. What a waste.

Cavanaugh is a truly amazing elementary school! Our daughter attended Cavanuagh, and as the youngest of FIVE children, we have been the most impressed with Cavanaugh over all over public or private schools any of our children have attended! The principal, Mr. Needham, has invested his entire life to this school--including being a student there himself as a boy--and it shows every day in his passion for the school, in the ways he supports the teachers and motivates the students. And, although this is just one of many public elementary schools in Fort Smith, the family feel of Cavanaugh makes it feel like it's in a small town; every teacher and most students knew who my daughter was within weeks of attending Cavanaugh! I really can't say enough good about Cavanaugh, the faculty and staff, and how much I appreciate the amazing impact they have had on our youngest daughter!

My twins love this school and Mr. Needham is an incredilble principal. They have the most nationally certified teachers in the Fort Smith School District and it is the smallest school. I would give it a 10 if I could.

My son is in his second year at Cavanaugh and he loves this school. The teacher's are great and the principal is wonderful. My son attended a different school for kindergarten and was bullied there. He loves the kids at Cavanaugh and is much happier there.

Last modified Cavanaugh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.