Dora Kimmons Jr. High School

Public | 7-9 | 860 students

Posted yesterday

Througout the halls and in the classrooms of this school I have learned many valuable lessons that I will remember as I go through life. -Quinn Craig

Posted January 16, 2011

Kimmons is a nice,clean,popular,awesome school. I love this school. My mom also likes it,too so does my brother.

Posted August 13, 2010

Kimmons Junior High is a great school to send your child to get a good education.

Posted April 30, 2009

This school is very good school which you should send your son/daughter to. It has the best P.E. program and great tutoring program.

Posted February 4, 2009

kimmons is so awsome theres a lot to learn over there.

Posted December 11, 2008

I went to this school for my seventh grade year and I loved it. I learned so much and I improved in Volleyball and Basketball. The teachers are great and the Students are even better. I love this school

Posted September 10, 2008

This School is the best. Great School,

Posted January 16, 2008

I am a 8th grader at kimmons I love this school and the teachers are awesome

Posted October 16, 2006

I am a freshman at Kimmons this year. I am pleased with all of the great teachers we have at Kimmons. Although I'm not taking any pre-AP classes, I am still doing well and ahead of the classes. I have attended this school for 3 years. This school is great! With a beginning semester of straight 'A's' I'm on my way to starting a great Northside year. I love this School!

Posted May 27, 2005

This school is the best ever. I was a 9th grader last year and still wish I was there. The teachers are great and this school has great discipline. The coaches treat you well and there are respectful people through out the whole school, I wouldn't go anywhere else. ~Taylor~
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 12, 2004

I'm a 9th grader this year at Kimmons and it is a great school. Taking all Pre-A.P. classes this year strenghing my path toward collge. All the teachers at Kimmons try their hardest to us getting the best grades we can. I would not go any place else!

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

293 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

293 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

306 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 92%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2201 North 50th St