Sunnymede Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
If I could give a zero star rating for sunny made and it's principle I would the school is slowly going down hill yr by yr. What started out as an amazing school when my child was in kindergarten, has slowly become a nightmare because of overcrowding and staff with bad attitudes and a principle that could care less. The school was way better off when Dr. Edwards was there. Wish they would have given her the principle position and gotten rid of this excuse of a principle Mrs. Smith.

Posted November 11, 2012
My child began kindergarten at Sunnymede this year. She absolutely loves it!! Although test scores don't always reflect it, the teachers are working hard so that each child experiences personal success.

Sunnymede Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2012
This is my son's 3rd year at this school and each year I am more dissapointed with the progress this school is making. No doubt, they just received funding and made a wonderful addition to the school to help out with the overcrowding, but these improvements do not make up for the lack of leadership at this school. Very few teachers seem that they enjoy their jobs here and that is passed on to the students. There is such a lack of encouragement and the students are always being yelled at. Thank goodness this will be my son's last year at this school.

Sunnymede Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2012
Sunneymede is over crowded, they take advantage of the NCLB law so the teachers don't have to meet requirements on actually teaching their students.. They are unskilled in knowing how to encourage students on their strengths and instead of teaching their students, they just keep passing them to the next teacher that has the time to teach them.. If that teacher still doesn't have the time (being in over crowded classrooms), they will them administrator each particular child to partake in a remedial test so they can pass those students to the remedial teachers to deal with or teach them... A teacher from Sunneymede once told me that it wasn't her job to make sure her students know how to read bc they should already know when they get to her class..? They have very poor communication skills with parents also.. My sons teacher advised that she doesn't have time to keep me informed each week on how he is performing on his school work.. I gave her my phone, wrk phone, and email address as ways to inform me or keep me updated on his progress. Still she only updates me 3 months at a time? I'm looking into a transfer for my child..

Posted February 28, 2010
This is our first year at Sunnymede and it has been great so far. All the staff members are kind and helpful and the children are smart and well behaved. As far as public schools go we are impressed.

Posted July 26, 2008

Sunnymede Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2007
Sunnymede has changed over the past few years since Mrs. Fulmer has left and Mrs. Smith has begun as principal. It has become so rigid that they lost thirteen teachers last year. They are so over crowded.

Sunnymede Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2003
Sunnymede is one of the best schoold i been to.My teachers were perfect and still are.Mrs.Fulmer the principal is the coolest principal

Sunnymede Elementary School
4201 North O St, Fort Smith, AR  72904
Last modified Sunnymede Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunnymede Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top