Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Woods elementary have had wonderful teachers since my grown kids went there, now my grandchildren are going there and some already have came thru there. It's an excellent school.

sucks! admins act as if its their first rodeo...and clearly, upon their appearance of maturity, its not. sloppy handling of records, no rhyme or reason to dropoff/pickup, completely unsatisfactory in communication skills. the list is long for wishing we'd never purchased a home in this particular school's district. i'm assuming they achieved their GSrating because of student test scores only. I've witnessed more responsibility and professionalism, not to mention student safety!, in schools rated at 4.

I went to Woods when I was elementary school. Woods and Euper are the only public schools I will allow my child to go to in Ft. Smith. The only problem I have had to deal with this year is bullying. Unfortunately it is off school propetywhile my child is walking home. My child now takes me long way home and instead of the 5 minutes it takes to get home once off school property it now takes 20 minutes. I have called the school about it. Have also called school to see about getting my child sessions with the counselor. I was told by the counselor that she would be seeing my child weekly. My child went to one session and hasn't been back. If we re still in the area next school year we will homeschool again or try the virtual public school.

Excellence is expected out of every student at Woods. As a parent if you are not willing to help your children achieve excellence, and will settle for low or average performance then Woods may not be for you. Great school, caring teachers, fair principle and most of all a great environment for learning.

Moved my child to Woods during mid year because she was bullied, still being bullied teachers act as though they don't care even when they see the bullying right in front of them

My daughter attends Woods, and I am very satisfied. I cannot see why someone would rate the school based on their children being shifted between two schools. How does that pertain to Woods? That only has to do with the school system itself. I find the teachers to be very good and the principal expects nothing but the best from the students. In a matter of two years (Pre-K to 1st grade) my daughter has made leaps and bonds. Very happy with her education upto this point.

Last modified John P. Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.