Bad
Good

Posted September 27, 2015
Woods elementary have had wonderful teachers since my grown kids went there, now my grandchildren are going there and some already have came thru there. It's an excellent school.

John P. Woods Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2014
sucks! admins act as if its their first rodeo...and clearly, upon their appearance of maturity, its not. sloppy handling of records, no rhyme or reason to dropoff/pickup, completely unsatisfactory in communication skills. the list is long for wishing we'd never purchased a home in this particular school's district. i'm assuming they achieved their GSrating because of student test scores only. I've witnessed more responsibility and professionalism, not to mention student safety!, in schools rated at 4.

Posted October 30, 2012
I went to Woods when I was elementary school. Woods and Euper are the only public schools I will allow my child to go to in Ft. Smith. The only problem I have had to deal with this year is bullying. Unfortunately it is off school propetywhile my child is walking home. My child now takes me long way home and instead of the 5 minutes it takes to get home once off school property it now takes 20 minutes. I have called the school about it. Have also called school to see about getting my child sessions with the counselor. I was told by the counselor that she would be seeing my child weekly. My child went to one session and hasn't been back. If we re still in the area next school year we will homeschool again or try the virtual public school.

Posted August 22, 2011
Excellence is expected out of every student at Woods. As a parent if you are not willing to help your children achieve excellence, and will settle for low or average performance then Woods may not be for you. Great school, caring teachers, fair principle and most of all a great environment for learning.

Posted April 20, 2011
Moved my child to Woods during mid year because she was bullied, still being bullied teachers act as though they don't care even when they see the bullying right in front of them

Posted March 17, 2011
My daughter attends Woods, and I am very satisfied. I cannot see why someone would rate the school based on their children being shifted between two schools. How does that pertain to Woods? That only has to do with the school system itself. I find the teachers to be very good and the principal expects nothing but the best from the students. In a matter of two years (Pre-K to 1st grade) my daughter has made leaps and bonds. Very happy with her education upto this point.

Posted August 23, 2005
I have given this school a rating review from the past years experience. This is the beginning of a new year & we have been faced with a major obsticle. My daughter is a 6th grader & is being moved from one school to another because of overcrowding in her grade. I am very unhappy about this decision. I now have to take my kids to to seperate schools. We have been put on a waiting list to get them back together. This is become an emotionally damaging event for my kids. I have voiced my concerns but the school system is not caring to the effect it has on the kids. Fort smith public school system doesn't care about the kids wellbeing. 6Th grade had three classes last year but now only has two. (Due to population decrease) this doesn't make sense seeing how the class is now overcrowded.

John P. Woods Elementary School
3201 Massard Rd, Fort Smith, AR  72903
Last modified John P. Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.