Bad
Good

I took advice of others &toured this school before moving my kids from big nearby "great school." Told myself+kids to keep open minds--it wasn't much to look at. Wow what a change from the big school that is very pushy and overbearing, even to parents. I am a very involved parent and a professional.No one in Fville says how great this school is.I don't understand why. The teachers are the best/very bright & caring - stay here b/c they want to be here.Their kids are in all 3 schools here & many live in F/ville yet drive to this jewel. Admin was way more open to working with my children: one's an over-achiever; other was a "challenge" but isn't any more thanks to 4&5 grade teachers. At nearby F/ville gave me paperwork implying wanted to medicate my child for ADHD.We had our child tested. Turns out child's not ADHD- just a boy! No need for meds at G/land.They allow kids to be interested & love learning rather than robots.My kid that "needed" medication calls going to school here "like going to camp" thanks to diversity of science and GT topics (Yes! He's in GT/not on meds). Any school in AR will be good thanks to "NoChildLeftBehind" but not many are like this safe +hidden gem.

Although Greenland is a small school and there is not a lot of money in the district, the entire Elementary and High School is full of compassion for students. I am especially proud of the staff and teachers for the safety of each child. My Grandson is in kindergarten and has a wonderful teacher, at the end of the day, he is still writing words and sounding out what he has learned during class. This school deserves to get praised...

My kid goes to greenland elementary, I am really disappointed in the way they treat the kids that are not up to par on the learning curve. No organization on after school programs. They had a after school sports camp "East" kids were to teach they were 8th graders, I saw nothing but the big kids throwing balls at the little kids and calling it dodgeball? No teacher was there to supervise. No heads up on programs till last minute, which makes it hard for parents to make arrangements to attend. No communication on daily child progress or what they even did that day. Very rude teachers that discuss between each other in front of the kids of how they feel about certain kids not smart enough to learn. The school is highly disorganized and the curriculum is just bad. The principal is not involved in the concerns of the parents and has the disposition of someone that is too above listening or changing the way the elementary school is ran. I would like to have this school investigated as to saftey of our children when programs are setup with no concern of the childrens well being with no adults present. Concerned Parent...

We have been pleased with the 2 teachers our child has had at Greenland. Both have been compassionate toward and invested in their students. Our child has thrived academically. However, I feel that the principal tries to set a tone that DISCOURAGES parents from voicing opinions and concerns. He is a politician that would rather just maintain the status-quo rather than engaging genuinely with parents. Also, I feel there is a tone of intolerance toward people with different backgrounds and appearances. His school motto is "Respect". Well, we have respectfully tried to approach him on more than one occasion, and have not felt respected in return. I would rate him a ZERO if I could. We will be making other arrangements next year.

Greenland Elementary is an amazing school! Not only are the teachers top-notch, they truly care about our children. Coming from bigger schools myself, I was concerned about such a small school in a small community. I am pleasantly surprised to report my children are receiving a great education in a loving and nuturing environment. Keep up the good work Greenland Pirates!

PTO in our opinion stands for Parent Teacher Organization not Teacher Parent Organization there is at this time not hardley any participation as it is with the meeting starting at 5:00 pm it's hard for any parent to be there if they work. Now they have changed the meetings to 3:30 pm starting in January. Now it will be near impossible for any parent to attend. You pay $5.00 per couple for the PTO membership what good does that do if you can't attend the meetings. The school talks about more parent involment but how is that possible when the only concern is the convicience of the teachers not the parents and the children whom this is intended for.

Wow, Mrs. Sherer and Mrs. Cheevers are amazing teachers. They are proffessional and get along really well with the kids. They make learing fun and make every child feel special. I'm really glad I got to know them.

I'm very impressed with the attention my child receives. For a small school, Greenland is great.

Our daughter attended Greenland for 3 years. This year we are sending her somewhere else. The school is disorganized and the curriculum is lacking. In some cases the curriculum is flat out bad. This school sends out notifications for assemblies etc. at the last possible minute making it dificult for working parents toarrange to attend. Teacher turnover rate high.

Mr. Arrowood. Thanks for your pleasant comments. I work with yours and every other child in this school every day. Unfortunately, it is not our school that chooses not to teach math this young. It is the state. I promise you that next year, we will have them moving right along with math. First grade has a great focus on math. Your child wont be left behind. Parents of kindergarten children have to try to understand how hard this first year is for their little one. They are leaving parents maybe for the first time, required to learn a whole new set of rules, required to sit still, learn to eat and play together...the list goes on. We have to give them a break somewhere. We certainly don't want to burn them out their first year! You will see your desired results next year, I promise. You will be glad you are here.

Last modified Greenland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.