Greenland Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2014
Although Greenland is a small school and there is not a lot of money in the district, the entire Elementary and High School is full of compassion for students. I am especially proud of the staff and teachers for the safety of each child. My Grandson is in kindergarten and has a wonderful teacher, at the end of the day, he is still writing words and sounding out what he has learned during class. This school deserves to get praised...

Greenland Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2013
We have been pleased with the 2 teachers our child has had at Greenland. Both have been compassionate toward and invested in their students. Our child has thrived academically. However, I feel that the principal tries to set a tone that DISCOURAGES parents from voicing opinions and concerns. He is a politician that would rather just maintain the status-quo rather than engaging genuinely with parents. Also, I feel there is a tone of intolerance toward people with different backgrounds and appearances. His school motto is "Respect". Well, we have respectfully tried to approach him on more than one occasion, and have not felt respected in return. I would rate him a ZERO if I could. We will be making other arrangements next year.

Posted January 01, 2013
Greenland Elementary is an amazing school! Not only are the teachers top-notch, they truly care about our children. Coming from bigger schools myself, I was concerned about such a small school in a small community. I am pleasantly surprised to report my children are receiving a great education in a loving and nuturing environment. Keep up the good work Greenland Pirates!

Greenland Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2009

Greenland Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2009
PTO in our opinion stands for Parent Teacher Organization not Teacher Parent Organization there is at this time not hardley any participation as it is with the meeting starting at 5:00 pm it's hard for any parent to be there if they work. Now they have changed the meetings to 3:30 pm starting in January. Now it will be near impossible for any parent to attend. You pay $5.00 per couple for the PTO membership what good does that do if you can't attend the meetings. The school talks about more parent involment but how is that possible when the only concern is the convicience of the teachers not the parents and the children whom this is intended for.

Greenland Elementary School 0

Posted February 13, 2009
Wow, Mrs. Sherer and Mrs. Cheevers are amazing teachers. They are proffessional and get along really well with the kids. They make learing fun and make every child feel special. I'm really glad I got to know them.

Posted October 15, 2007
I'm very impressed with the attention my child receives. For a small school, Greenland is great.

Greenland Elementary School 2

Posted July 09, 2007
Our daughter attended Greenland for 3 years. This year we are sending her somewhere else. The school is disorganized and the curriculum is lacking. In some cases the curriculum is flat out bad. This school sends out notifications for assemblies etc. at the last possible minute making it dificult for working parents toarrange to attend. Teacher turnover rate high.

Posted May 20, 2007
- a staff
Mr. Arrowood. Thanks for your pleasant comments. I work with yours and every other child in this school every day. Unfortunately, it is not our school that chooses not to teach math this young. It is the state. I promise you that next year, we will have them moving right along with math. First grade has a great focus on math. Your child wont be left behind. Parents of kindergarten children have to try to understand how hard this first year is for their little one. They are leaving parents maybe for the first time, required to learn a whole new set of rules, required to sit still, learn to eat and play together...the list goes on. We have to give them a break somewhere. We certainly don't want to burn them out their first year! You will see your desired results next year, I promise. You will be glad you are here.

Posted May 20, 2007
- a staff

Greenland Elementary School
200 North Sandy Ave, Greenland, AR  72737
Last modified Greenland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top