Bad
Good

My school is the best school and the teachers are very helpfull so far my son is an A student because of the great school...

East Hills is the worst middle school in Oakland County and it has got even worst since more students are getting into more trouble with doing drugs and teachers and principles being unfair to their classmates by suspending them

best school and faculty in the state

The principal and vice principal have an athoritarian attitude towards the students, which leaves the students wishing to rebel.

Except for not having hardly any Gifted and Talented program in the 6th grade and shutting down the Gifted and Talented Program completely in the 7th grade this school is doing fine.

I love this school all of the teachers are great and we learn a bunch! Mr.Whitson is doing a fine job that goes for mrs.garvey to.

East Hills is a fantastic school. I have two children at EHMS and both have had a great experience. Academics are emphasized and teachers do a great job and have been available when I have questions or concerns. THey also do a good job keeping parents informed on grades. My son is disabled and EHMS has been very proactive about meeting his needs. I have not had to ask for anything from them - they are asking me what we need! From what I hear from other parents this is very unusual in the public school setting. I would highly recommend EHMS to anyone.

This is our children's first year at East Hills and their first year in a public school setting. We are extremely pleased with the principal, his staff, faculty, etc. The lesson plan forum is very nice for parents. The Literacy Night, Math Night, Watch Dog program and other events have been great. Not very high attendance at some which leads me to believe some parents do not stay involved with their children's activities, therefore only see maybe the bad. The only negative I see is the Connected Math program that is being used. Parts of it are okay, but we must get our business leaders of the future back to learning basic math skills and to be quick thinkers. Many parents are struggling trying to help their children understand this connected math concept, and there is no where to turn for tutoring, examples of problems, etc. Overall A+

My second child is currently going through this school. There have been so many changes that have been made in the last year. Fighting has been a big problam this year. They have added meadition as a form of punishment. The education my 2nd son is reciving is lacking. They have changed the curriculum and not fot the better. I do help out with different events and see a lot of disturbiting behavior from the children and teachers looking away or boys will be boys. I do like the idea of being able to go online and see the teachers lesson plans (when they want to fill them out) My son also loves the principal, he does card tricks.

Last modified East Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.