Hardy, AR

Posted April 23, 2015
All about sports. Easy to see what is cared about. If your child is average, probably ok, but gifted or special needs, this isn't the right school.

Posted April 11, 2015
This school is not suited for special needs children... there is a lot of talk about how much they care, but actions and decisions show otherwise.. this entire districts main concern is sports.

Cherokee Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2009
Cherokee Elementary has excited, caring, inovative teachers who work hard to provide the education that our children will need to survive and thrive in the future.

Posted November 20, 2008
I am very unpleased with the principal,she is very rude and snobby and does not care about the safety of the children.

Posted September 03, 2008
I have been pleased with the teachers at this school. Some have been excellent. However, the pricipal has an attitude problem, and seems mostly concerned about fulfilling Arkansas law and not so interested in the welfare of the child. The one hour of PE a week, and irregular outdoor recess are pathexamples.

Cherokee Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2008
My child has excelled and is very happy, there are some great teachers, but you have to get involved and communicate with the teachers and principals, once you are on board with them, your child will soar. I agree with the physical activity, it is a shame that children have to sit quietly during recess time on rainy days.

Cherokee Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2007
My child is happy at this school, but there is almost no physical activity for them. Sometimes they have not one recess in a day and PE is pathetic. They send home notes telling me that my child may have a weight problem yet they offer poor breakfast and lunch options. On days when the weather is bad, the school opts to put a movie on instead of letting them get some exercise. A a six year old cannot sit all day.

Cherokee Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2006
I would have to agree with the previous review that this school is adequate for an average student, yet not suitable for the special needs/gifted student. I would like to add that there are some great teachers in this school, yet parents and administration pressure them into average performance.

Cherokee Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2004
I feel this school is best suited for those with the average child. If your child has learning disabilities or to the other spectrum are gifted, this school is not adequately equipped to supply your child's educational needs.

Posted August 17, 2004
I am a new parent with a Kindergarden student too start at this school. I feel that my question's were not answered. I feel that the principal needs a lesson in manners, and hospitality. My child is the sources of tomorrow, and all input is important for parents and administration to work together. This principal has a smart mouth and ugly attitude towards challenge, and this is a wrong approach in establishing change, or simple questions. I am a retired Doctor, and I will be attending and partcipating in all aspects of my childs education, just as I have done with my other successful eight children. Parents step up and join together for change for the children. Nancy Long

Hwy 175 Spur, Hardy, AR  72542
Last modified Cherokee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherokee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top