Bad
Good

This is one of the worst schools I have ever dealt with. I'm currently looking for other options for my child!

The Harrison School district is an excellent place, but I do agree with some of the comments that there is some room for improvement in the Junior High. My son's first year there (and our first year with a child attending JH) was less than adequate. His classes and teachers were good, but the security and discipline in the school were lacking. There were 8 bomb threats during the year and it became so ridiculous that even the kids were fed up with it. There should be some extremely severe punishment for something like that. I think there is definitely a difference in teachers when it comes to AP classes vs regular classes. The teachers are more attentive to student needs and are more willing to help the kids out with problems. My son's second year there has been positive for the most part. I do agree that athletics is a major part of the school district, but my son is a part of that and I feel he is having a good experience with that. The football coaches are great and are concerned about the student's grades, as well as making sure they learn to be responsible for their actions. My son has become more responsible and better equipped to handle the outside world because of it.

My son attended HJHS and found very many caring teachers. He was a good student who tried hard and achieved a lot. It seemed to me that academics came second and athletics came first. But, I did notice there were many caring teachers who tried hard to do a good job. The administration is another story. The assistant principal does not follow through on discipline and teachers have told me how hard it is to sit there and watch students get away with everything. It is time for the administration staff to get with the program and wake up to what is going on around them. There are great students there. Also, there are so many good teachers who want the best for the students. Maybe with some discipline this school could be the best one in Harrison. They definitely need a more junior high oriented campus. The buildings are falling down around the students.

harrison jr.high is the best school my daughter has ever gone to i love the way they teach her everything and they help the children keep good grades even if that means for them to have to stay after school

I have 2 children at the Junior High and I have the same view as the majority before me. My daughter will do fine 'on her own', but my son struggles. I've worked really hard to be involved in his education, but I can't get the school to effectively communicate with me. It's driving me crazy because it seems to me that it's more important to get him out of junior high than it is to ensure that he can be successful in other classes.

Last modified Harrison Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.