Harrison, AR

Harrison Jr. High School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
The Harrison School district is an excellent place, but I do agree with some of the comments that there is some room for improvement in the Junior High. My son's first year there (and our first year with a child attending JH) was less than adequate. His classes and teachers were good, but the security and discipline in the school were lacking. There were 8 bomb threats during the year and it became so ridiculous that even the kids were fed up with it. There should be some extremely severe punishment for something like that. I think there is definitely a difference in teachers when it comes to AP classes vs regular classes. The teachers are more attentive to student needs and are more willing to help the kids out with problems. My son's second year there has been positive for the most part. I do agree that athletics is a major part of the school district, but my son is a part of that and I feel he is having a good experience with that. The football coaches are great and are concerned about the student's grades, as well as making sure they learn to be responsible for their actions. My son has become more responsible and better equipped to handle the outside world because of it.

Harrison Jr. High School 4

Posted October 04, 2011
My son attended HJHS and found very many caring teachers. He was a good student who tried hard and achieved a lot. It seemed to me that academics came second and athletics came first. But, I did notice there were many caring teachers who tried hard to do a good job. The administration is another story. The assistant principal does not follow through on discipline and teachers have told me how hard it is to sit there and watch students get away with everything. It is time for the administration staff to get with the program and wake up to what is going on around them. There are great students there. Also, there are so many good teachers who want the best for the students. Maybe with some discipline this school could be the best one in Harrison. They definitely need a more junior high oriented campus. The buildings are falling down around the students.

Harrison Jr. High School 5

Posted July 20, 2009

Harrison Jr. High School 5

Posted June 24, 2009
harrison jr.high is the best school my daughter has ever gone to i love the way they teach her everything and they help the children keep good grades even if that means for them to have to stay after school

Posted September 10, 2008
I have 2 children at the Junior High and I have the same view as the majority before me. My daughter will do fine 'on her own', but my son struggles. I've worked really hard to be involved in his education, but I can't get the school to effectively communicate with me. It's driving me crazy because it seems to me that it's more important to get him out of junior high than it is to ensure that he can be successful in other classes.

Harrison Jr. High School 1

Posted May 27, 2008

Posted September 02, 2006

Posted February 23, 2006
The Harrison School District is wonderful except for the Junior High School. Education does not seem as important to the teachers as punishing the kids for tardies, etc.

Posted January 01, 2006

Harrison Jr. High School 1

Posted July 11, 2005
I had 3 kids go through the Harrison School system. Overall their experience was positive. The elementary schools are staffed with the most caring professionals anywhere. There are resources for every variety of need. The high school has also been a great experience. I wish I could say the same for the Jr. High. It is a black spot on an otherwise great school system. The teachers for the most part do not care and turn a blind eye to any problems. Of course there are exceptions, and for them I'm so grateful, but there are too few. There is no help for a kid who's having problems or feeling lost. They are on their own and that's made clear to both them and their parents. I'd like to say I have hope for the school, but it's been the same since my first attended in the mid '90's.

Harrison Jr. High School
515 So Pine St, Harrison, AR  72601
Last modified Harrison Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison Jr. High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top