Hot Springs, AR

Fountain Lake High School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
The staff, top down are essentially incompetent. Nepotism galore, unqualified, not certified in field, coaches are ego-maniacs, leadership is unintelligent ... moral is low. Kids have poor modeling from staff. The kids are the best things about the school. Unfortunately, the staff simply "make a check." Place needs a serious do-over. Honestly.

Posted October 24, 2012
I graduated from Fountain Lake in 2011. It is a very mixed school. The student body is small and there aren't many cliques.The school and community spirit is very high. The sports, band, choir, EAST, and agri. programs do very well, but there are many areas that are not nearly as developed. Overall, the downfall of Fountain Lake is academics. Many teachers I thought were very caring, however studies more factors than teacher personality make a good classroom. Now, I am in college and I wish my classes in high school had greater structure. The students that want to learn are self-motivated and the students who normally would not care about school, are not encouraged to try and tend to do poorly on state examinations. I was an ESL tutor and I also helped younger kids with their homework and many of them were left behind because they had not grasped the basics of mathematics, reading, and grammar. There are several teachers at Fountain Lake that were not only supportive, but have well structured and challenging classrooms. However, there were others who have low structured classrooms or believe it is up to the student to learn, instead of encouraging the ones that do poorly.

Posted September 24, 2012
As a parent of a previous FL grad as well as a current senior, I would say that FL is at it's best this year. Bullying is still an issue but with the current administration I feel it is being handled in the most appropriate manner. In years past, I absolutely could not have made that statement. We have had our share of teacher/faculty issues along the way and it's been a learning experience for us as well as them and I especially have to commend Mr. Darrin Beckwith for handling my children in the utmost professional way! I am very proud of the current admin., high school principal and the teachers as a whole. I think the best interest of the children is top priority and some even go beyond the call to support our children. I've lived and worked in the community for over 20 years and it is where I will always call home. I'm thankful my children are about grown and we are nearly beyond the "school" days because no matter where your children go to school there will be issues but overall, I would place my children in the care of the FL school system if I had it to do over again! GO COBRAS!!

Posted September 16, 2012
The diciplinary actions are not the same for all students. The rules are different as well. Example: my daughter had to cut 2 inches of her hair off because she had the tips dyed hot pink and we were told she could not come to school until it was out. There are about a dozen other students there that have their hair dyed an assortment of bright colors for a long time now and its ok for them. The same for dress code. Some girls can wear shorts with their butt hanging out, others get sent home for shorts above their fingertips length. And as long as we have this drees code, why do the cheerleaders get to wear skirts that are so short that their behind is revealed as well?

Posted May 15, 2011
As a member of the class of 2012, I can say I'm looking forward to spending my last year of school at Founatin Lake. Like every school, we have our own problems, but you shouldn't let these "prejudices" like some people have reviewed keep you from letting your children go to FL. I have been here all my life and have gotten to know so many great people from living in this community. I feel like the school has adequately prepared me for college and for the rest of my life. The faculty here is wonderful and I know if I have a problem I can go to any of my teachers for help. The students are amazing and we all get along with one another. There are many clubs and organizations for students, and we have amazing sports teams. The arts area, ( band, choir, art, and drama) are all award winning too. I'm so excited for this year ahead of me at Fountain Lake, and with that I'm going to end this review with a quote from the high school principal. "There is nothing wrong with Fountain Lake."

Posted September 09, 2009
The band director Mr. Maggio is a good teacher who constantly comes under fire because he refuses to bow down to the parents who always had control. As for the past band members who quit they are just jelous that we sound better then ever. Mr. Maggio is a great director and an all around great person.

Posted September 09, 2009

Posted June 18, 2009
I find it so funny how all of the students reviewing have multiple grammar and spelling errors..I have gone to Fountain Lake for 12 years..I'll be a senior this year..I have found nothing terribly wrong with my school..but I certainly wouldn't say it was amazing..it's average.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted October 06, 2008
Fountain Lake is awesome... I have gone here for all twelve years, and it is in my opinion one of the best schools in the state. The faculty is very nice, and the administrators are friendly and helpful.

Fountain Lake High School
4207 Park Ave, Hot Springs, AR  71901
Last modified Fountain Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fountain Lake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top