No rating

Lakeside Junior High School

Public | 8-9

Student diversity

Posted September 4, 2008

Lakeside is one of the only schools with a safe atmosphere for children in our city. You of course have your 'clicks' but it's much worse at other schools. I recently moved my daughter to Lakeside and couldn't be more pleased. She herself is also happy with the school. It will take a lot of hard work, as the school she came from isn't much on academics, but she will do fine!

Posted December 26, 2006

My daughter has attended Lakeside throughout her education. I have been nothing but pleased. Whenever I have had any problems either with curriculum or discipline the teachers and the administrative staff have made me feel welcome to come and discuss the problem with them. I have always felt that the solution has been more than fair. My daughter is on the dance team as well as involved in other activities. I have heard rumors that this would not be easy as I am a single mother but I do not feel we have been treated any differently than if we would have been a two parent family of means. I love Lakeside School.

Posted February 26, 2006

Lakeside is a very wonderful school, the education offered is amazing and the sports program is filled with great kids. Although, the coaches tend to only play the rich and popular children... if you move to this school and want your child to play sports get on the school board and live in a big house!

Posted November 11, 2004

hi! I think that my school is the best one that my dad and I could find for me to come to when we moved here. Lakeside has a great safe atmospere. I can always count on getting a good education when I go there. all the teachers are wonderful and are high sspirted.Lakeside also has a good after school program for children who need help on their homework.thank you for giving me this chance to tell people what the REAL Lakeside is all about!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 26, 2003

Instead of focusing on the education of its students, Lakeside used the money to buy a baseball field, and a new band room. The money could have bought new textbooks and learning supplies.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2865 Malvern Ave