Hot Springs, AR

Posted October 31, 2013
My son is in 4th grade at Lakeside. My daughter is in 1st grade and my youngest son will attend here as well. This is a wonderful school with great people and teachers. They have my child's best interest at heart and they get plenty of love. As for some of the other posts that I have read on Great Schools the OT, PT, and Speech department are amazing. The therapists are all top notch. My child was evaluated for OT because of an ADHD diagnosis. Fortunately she didn't qualify. I say fortunately because the teachers have managed to help her where the therapy department, legally, was unable to. They still had input into her daily time at school even though she didn't qualify. We paid for nothing and everything was provided by and through the school. I have seen first hand the work that this school does with special needs children and they are amazing. The academics are second to none. I would say though that with all of the school choice kids coming in the school has grown. It is mainly because the school furnishes all supplies and many people are looking for a handout. I live in Lakeside SD and I pay my taxes and the millage increases. All I ask is that you participate at the school.

Lakeside Intermediate School 1

Posted March 29, 2013
LAKESIDE PRIMARY - DOES your child have a disability? DO YOU THINK YOUR CHILD MAY HAVE A DISABILITY? Does your child have problems learning? Does your child get in trouble at school? Does your child receive daily punishments? Does your child have a mental health diagnosis or take medications? Do you even THINK your child may have a disability? A disability that is hard to diagnose or disseminate from something else? Autism, ADHD, Pervasive Development Disorder, Emotional Disturbances, Oppositional Defiance Disorder. These are REAL disabilities. Do you live in the Lakeside School District and have a special needs child? Have you asked for help? Has the school identified your child with a disability or special needs? Have they tested them? Given YOU the referral to have it done & you pay for it? DO you keep asking for help but are not getting it? Again, they, LAKESIDE SCHOOL, are, by law, required to notify you of your options and put the process in motion. THEY are required to assist you in having your child identified, if the child is not already. Do not let them tell you otherwise. Keep asking for help. IT IS THE LAW FOR THEM TO TEST !! Contact us.

Posted March 07, 2008

Posted August 17, 2007

Posted July 21, 2007
My daughter is entering the 5th grade in the Lakeside School District. She became a student here in the 3rd grade. At that time, she was reading at a kindergarten level. We had been struggling with her previous schools trying to find out what the problem was and how to help. Until we came here no one had any answers. Within a month the staff at Lakeside Intermediate had diagnosed her Dyslexic. And with there help, just two years later she is reading at almost grade level. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school!

Posted November 12, 2006
My son has attended Lakeside since Kindergarten and I would never change his school unless I was forced to move. He is in the GT program and the teachers are the best in town. I have lived in Hot Springs most of my life and attended Hot Springs Schools. I am so fortunate that my son has a chance to attend the best school in Arkansas. Keep up the good work, as I know he will because the teachers keep them focused and prepare them from day one for their experiences outside of High School and onto college. We love it!

Lakeside Intermediate School 2

Posted August 15, 2005
I feel that every family experience is different and my childrens needs are not being meet I have children with special needs and the atmosphere at all levels leads to high stress for the children that have more difficulty they only seem to focus on the parents and their children that parents are totally involved but if you are a new parent and want to be involved be ready the ones with large bank rolls will always get their way. My children dread getting up everyday and cry because they have to go to school in this district. So of course you see now there is always to sides to the coin.

Posted February 18, 2005
My children have attended Lakeside for the past two years, and this is the best move that I could have possible made. They attended Cutter Morning Star previously, and achieved very little. Since moving to Lakeside, they have been challenged academically and have blossomed. I am very pleased with the faculty, facility, and the administration is more than excellent. Lakeside is ranked as one of the 10 best schools in Arkansas, and in my opinion, it is the best. Mrs.Lawler, the principal, is a one-of-a-kind person. Your children will love it, you will love it, and together you will be proud to be called Rams.

Posted September 09, 2003
Lakeside is a wonderful school. I have two children attending currently and I am more than satified with the quality of education they are recieving. It is not only the reading, writing, and math that I am impressed with. It is the attitude, self esteem, and yearning for learning that my children have. This as a direct reflection of the faculty and administration. They genuinely care about my childrens education as well as the well being. I love this school. My children love this school. You will too.

Lakeside Intermediate School 0

Posted August 04, 2003
i have three children in the intermediate school and i'm very thankful for the teachers there. they have worked with my children and given them the guidance they needed.

Lakeside Intermediate School
2855 Malvern Ave, Hot Springs, AR  71901
Last modified Lakeside Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 2-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeside Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top