Bad
Good

Hughes High School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
I sent my 6 year old to this school for MAYBE a month. The school is literally falling apart. They have no playground. The area they did have for the kids to play was right by the road and no fence around it. Those poor kids only had 2 teeter-toters and a marygo-round to play on.. My son had the rudest teacher...maybe its because he was one of the only white students. I felt my son was not getting the education he deserved.

Hughes High School 1

Posted April 18, 2011
This is the worst place in the world full of racism and hate!! Dont send your children here. Every thing was going great untill racism took over. There are more law suits then teachers here. The worst place on the planet

Posted January 14, 2009
I took over a program here at Hughes in November 2008. I must say this school honestly exceeded my expectations. The students who want to excel try hard and perform admirably. The ones who don't have programs they can attend to attempt and get them to complete their education. I am very proud of the students I teach. There is new administration in place which has a strong no tolerence policy for behavioral issues. If you are looking for a school, don't let looks deceive you. Give Hughes a try- I do not believe you will be disappointed

Posted November 19, 2008
I went to hughes in 2008 and it was the funnest school i could have ever gone to.. The kids were alive and the teachers were helpful.. I would really like to go back but i just can't at this time so yeah.. But if anyone is look at this school for your kids you should totally send them there..

Posted October 13, 2008
I am a proud former student of Hughes, I started school there and I graduated from there. I think it is a great school that hit bottom, and is rising back to the top with increasing speed. The number one problem is teachers who do not care about the students, luckly there are only a few. We need more parents to get involved. I now attend college at PCCUA in Stuttgart but my younger brother plays football, and they have the potential to be State Champs one day, that is if the coaches would make practices mandatory. I do have to say that Coach James Wright was the best Football coach Hughes ever seen. Coach Swift and then Coach Jason Carmicheal are the best Basketball coaches Hughes ever seen. But Coach Carmicheal was the most inspring of the two. A proud Blue Devil Honor Graduate, Adrain Richards - Atkins

Posted October 13, 2005
I think Hughes High is a pretty decent school with a few exceptions. They have a few good teachers from which my son has learned alot. My only complaints are that the children get to do their Homework in class instead of at home. Therefore, the parents do not know if their child is doing their homework or not. Also, they should be allowed more time to go to lockers and the restroom. Overall, Hughes is a school full of friends and caring staff. Donna Rose

Posted August 02, 2005
I am not a parent at hhs, but i have a lot of nieces, nephews, and cousins attending there. I graduated from hughes high school with honors in 2002 and am a senior at the university of arkansas @ pine bluff majoring in biology/pre-med. Personally, i think that this school is very good when it comes to education. Because of their guidance and support, I know what I know about education and education quality. There is nothing wrong with this school. I think that some of the problems is with the parents. Some don't care or even check to see if their child is doing their work or even see if they are doing it right. If you don't care about your child getting an education, then take them out of school. It's that simple. If you do care, make them do their work right!

Posted July 20, 2005
I am not a parent at Hughes High School, but I am a current student. Our school is progressing each year and visibly getting better.

Posted July 13, 2004
I am not a parent, but an esteemed student of it. Hughes is a great school because of some of the privileges given to those who try their best. Also because of some of the teachers: Mr. Buis, Mrs. Hall, Mr. Braddock, Mr. Walker, Ms. Parr, and Mrs. Adcock and of course Mrs. Manning.

Posted June 17, 2004
I will admit that I was concerned about my daughters going to school here. We even put them in a private school for one year, but they were both unhappy and did awful in their academics. Since moving them back to Hughes, their grades have exceeded my expectations. The new principal is wonderful. She is exactly what Hughes needed. I believe that if more parents were to get involved in their childrens school work and back the principal, we would have a great school.

310 College St, Hughes, AR  72348
Last modified Hughes High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.