Jacksonville, AR
Before care: Yes

Posted September 06, 2012
My son just started JCA this year in second grade. He came from Sherwood Elementary. I am already impressed with the staff and principal. He was, of course, behind compared to JCA's curriculum but he is making huge strides. He had some behavior issues at his old school and after enrolling him at JCA, I believe that the difference in attitude of the children here vs. the children at his prior school, is a BIG reason for his issues in the past. He has had no problems so far at JCA. I am amazed. I am a single mother so the tuition is a tough blow to our budget, but it is so worth it. I will eat ramen for the next 10 years in order to keep him enrolled here. Thank you, JCA for making my son feel valued and special.. not just one kid in a class of 25.

Posted February 16, 2012
Both my kids attend JCA and the level of safety and outstanding curriculum simply cannot be matched anywhere. The discipline enforced at school is commensurate with their discipline at home and that's a true blessing. The only thing preventing an overall 5 star rating is their rigid doctrine concerning listening to music and dancing. Singing, dancing, having school proms/dances, etc. are all part of the traditional school experience and I worry that my kids might miss out on these wonderful social events. The high moral values taught and expected are such that these activities would only add to the quality of school life - not be a threat to it!

Jacksonville Christian Academy 0

Posted January 25, 2009
My name is Jason Watford and I think that this school is absolutely awesome!! There is no way that I would put my son anywhere else in this city. In just K-5 my son can already read, sound out words easily, write in both print and cursive, he already knows continents and countries, and can already add and do some subtraction. His teacher is awesome!! The money is definetly worth it!! For anyone to write a bad review of JCA, their child either had to be either expelled or they have to be looking for problems. First class Principal and staff all the way. The teachers take pay cuts to keep tuition low! How much more sacrificial can you get?

Posted January 22, 2009
The teachers really give the kids a lot of individual attention. They learn so very much, so very quickly.

Posted January 19, 2009
I pulled my child from a local public school due to the poor education and unsafe conditions. Thankfully we found JCA, in two months my child has been attending she has made amazing progress, I couldn't be happier. The faculty is very respectful and loving towards my child, she is greeted every morning by a loving person who knows her name and mine as well. The teachers go above and beyond, they bring my child to the car every afternoon, and my childs teacher tutored her for free so she could catch up with her class. While they may be strict on dress code and discipline I've found that for my child it helps her keep focused on her studies.

Posted August 11, 2008

Posted August 22, 2007
My daughter is now attending Kindergarten at Jacksonville Christian Academy after attending Pre-K at that center previous. We love that when my child is dropped of in the morning she is greeted by the same person that knows her name and at the end of the day she is walked to the car by a person that knows her as well as me. The discipline that she learns from this environment is awesome. She learns something new everyday. She can read small words and write most everything you sound out. Where as most kindergartens are working on letter and colors. I am so pleased with the environment that JCA provides for my child!

Posted July 16, 2007
We moved to Cabot for the school system then found JCA before our kids started school. I had heard it was the best. I would have to agree. There is nothing like having your 4 and 5 year old come home and show you they can write their names (print and cursive) and read (actually sound out) words! I see the difference in the kids who are of similar age in our neighborhood and feel like we are giving our children the best start in life. My kids know they are loved by their teachers and come home everyday with a new song or verse they learned. You can't put a price on spirituality and education! As far as extracurricular activities go, they may not have everything parents would like them to have but that doesn't mean there aren't opportunities in the community.

Posted June 16, 2007
I transferred my daughter in the middle of the kindergarten year into JCA from another private Catholic school and was absolutely amazed at the higher level of education that she was receiving. I found myself wondering what she was actually learning before she came to JCA. I could not be more pleased with the leadership of the school, with the high christian standards that they uphold, and of the values that my child is learning. I am now transferring my oldest girl into JCA for the next year and couldn't be happier. If high christian standards, morals and values along with an excellent education that far exceeds any other school in this area is not important to you, then maybe JCA isn't the right place for your child. But, if these things matter there is no better place for your child than JCA. The sacrifices that I make are well worth it.

Posted December 04, 2006
WE are very pleased with the overall academic and spiritual training our kids are getting at JCA. It is the most important peace in the world to know that you are placing your children in a classroom where they are loved and taught, not just one or the other. Our family makes a big financial sacrifice to have our kids at JCA, and it is one we have never, and will never regret. Thanks JCA faculty!!

Jacksonville Christian Academy
3301 North 1st Street, Jacksonville, AR  72076
Last modified Jacksonville Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Jacksonville Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top