Posted February 02, 2010
My oldest son went here in K & 1st. Then we moved and he went to Bayou Meto for 2nd & 3rd. We hated Bayou Meto and our son was singled out alot! Getting suspended even! No problems, now we are back at Jacksonville, and he loves this school. It is in a poor community, but my son begged us to go back to this school. We are taking him to and from each day! We live about 15-20 miles away. So I take him and pick him up each day. We are happy with the staff and so is our son, so 5 stars in our eyes. Our son was on honor roll at Jacksonville and then at Bayou Meto he was getting D's & F's. He also had to take the third grade over as well.

Posted August 11, 2009

Jacksonville Elementary School 3

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted April 13, 2009
I ended up transferring my oldest son when he was attending Jacksonville Elementary because he lost the knowledge he had before he attended there. He attended Pre-K first and then K. His K teacher had no control over the class whatsoever and everytime we did a drop in visit she never had her lesson plans done for the week and she avoided state when they came. I moved my son to Dupree where they had to work with him along with us to get him back on track. Now he is on honor roll every 9 weeks and has been since the 2nd 9 weeks after he started there. So, Dupree is the best in our eyes and so are the teachers, as well as, the principal. Since my second son has started school he has been at Dupree and that's where they'll stay if I can help it.

Posted October 24, 2008
Teachers are not the best I've seen. My kids did'nt want to go back.

Jacksonville Elementary School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
My children have both had ms glover as a teacher and i have been very pleased with her. She really seems to care about the children and also about the parents involvement. Both of my children learned a great deal in her classroom and they still go by to see her in her at school. We need more teachers like ms glover.

Posted March 11, 2008

Posted November 06, 2007

Jacksonville Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2006
Our kindergarten experience started out pretty well, but moving on in the years it has gone downhill. It really depends on each teacher, on the quality of education received. Children aren't challenged enough. There doesn't seem to be good consistency, even across the same grade levels. We paid to join the booster club, there was only one meeting the whole year. The sign out front isn't even kept up to date. There are only last minute notices given out in regards to days off, which can change from the calendar at the beginning of the year. Overall communication is poor. And if you have a child with special dietary restrictions, the cafeteria and school seems clueless even with doctors directions clearly written. The office staff don't seem very inviting with the exception of the principal, Mr. Beck. He is the only person that consistantly greets and makes parents feel welcome.

Posted May 25, 2004
My child is in K this year and her teacher is the best. She has learned so much from this one teacher that I am very impressed. My husband and I were considering private school but right now,I am pleased

Jacksonville Elementary School
108 South Oak St, Jacksonville, AR  72076
Last modified Jacksonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Jacksonville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top