Bad
Good

My oldest son went here in K & 1st. Then we moved and he went to Bayou Meto for 2nd & 3rd. We hated Bayou Meto and our son was singled out alot! Getting suspended even! No problems, now we are back at Jacksonville, and he loves this school. It is in a poor community, but my son begged us to go back to this school. We are taking him to and from each day! We live about 15-20 miles away. So I take him and pick him up each day. We are happy with the staff and so is our son, so 5 stars in our eyes. Our son was on honor roll at Jacksonville and then at Bayou Meto he was getting D's & F's. He also had to take the third grade over as well.

I ended up transferring my oldest son when he was attending Jacksonville Elementary because he lost the knowledge he had before he attended there. He attended Pre-K first and then K. His K teacher had no control over the class whatsoever and everytime we did a drop in visit she never had her lesson plans done for the week and she avoided state when they came. I moved my son to Dupree where they had to work with him along with us to get him back on track. Now he is on honor roll every 9 weeks and has been since the 2nd 9 weeks after he started there. So, Dupree is the best in our eyes and so are the teachers, as well as, the principal. Since my second son has started school he has been at Dupree and that's where they'll stay if I can help it.

Teachers are not the best I've seen. My kids did'nt want to go back.

My children have both had ms glover as a teacher and i have been very pleased with her. She really seems to care about the children and also about the parents involvement. Both of my children learned a great deal in her classroom and they still go by to see her in her at school. We need more teachers like ms glover.

Last modified Jacksonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5