Jacksonville, AR

Jacksonville High School 5

Posted December 30, 2011
I moved to Jacksonville from Tampa, FL in the middle of my sophomore year and graduated from JHS in 1995. I chose to take as many AP courses as possible, I chose to go to the band hall during lunch and practice, I chose to study, I chose to ask questions of my teachers, I chose to stay out of trouble, etc... As a result of these choices I graduated with honors from both high school and college. The faculty with whom I had an opportunity to work were rather exceptional! Don't get me wrong, the school had fights and gang problems almost daily. I remember when we had an assembly on the new dress code change and it had to be dismissed because it almost turned into a riot. The school was a disaster, but I refused to use that as an excuse as to why I couldn't get a good education. Remember, what you give is what you get! Some of my best teachers were Ms. Schulten, a new chemistry teacher whose name I have forgotten, Mrs. Catlett and Mr. Belotti to name a few. They had books, desks, teachers, a library, classes, etc... and I had curiosity. Simply put, if one desires a good education, then one needs to GO GET IT!!! Go Red Devils!!! Steven Moss- class of 1995

Posted February 14, 2011
Agree with the school needing competent leadership. My son has been jumped twice now this school year and I was not called on either occasion. He has been caught skipping school by the police and I have checked his attendance record (which is awful) but I have not been contacted in over six months by the school about his attendance. The school must notify me if I am to enforce standards on the child. I've resorted to a FINS petition. This school should be shut down.

Posted December 02, 2009

Jacksonville High School 5

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted July 10, 2009

Posted December 18, 2008
This school is in desperate need of competent instructional leadership. We have some good assistant principals, and they do what they can -- but until there is change at the top, improvement simply will not happen.

Jacksonville High School 3

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted August 20, 2008

Jacksonville High School 2

Posted June 27, 2008

Jacksonville High School 0

Posted June 23, 2008
they don't keep you inform about grades and if your childs misses schools they don't let you know about. I wouldn't recomament this school to any one!!!!!!!

Jacksonville High School
2400 Linda Ln, Jacksonville, AR  72076
Last modified Jacksonville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacksonville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top