Jacksonville, AR

Tolleson Elementary School 3

Posted July 07, 2010
My daughter is going into 1st grade this year, she has been going to Tolleson since pre-k. Her pre-k teacher did not do a very good job.. Her teacher last year was awesome. My daughter has had problems getting used to the whole school idea. She is just very talkative. But her kindergarten teacher helped her with that. The teachers were very nice and helpful. Can't say that about Tollesons students.They need to get a nurse in there to check EVERYONE for headlice atleast 4 times a year. My daughter came home with it so many times. And I would inform the school, after I treated her hair and made sure that it was gone, and sent her with a note to the office explaining why she was out and that they needed to check heads. But they didn't and she got it many many times again. Just a few thoughts..

Posted March 24, 2009
We were an active duty family who transferred from Honolulu, Hawaii and we herd of Tolleson from other military families who were stationed here before. The talk was always above reproach. The faculty even participates in the holiday play with the children. No teacher ever did that when I was a youth! My wife and I received an award for the progress our child is making. Rest assured your child is in well capable hands while they attend Tolleson Elementary.

Posted December 22, 2008
I have had children at Tolleson for 4 years now, and I can honestly say I would not send them to any other school in this area. I have seen every aspect of life here, from scraped elbows to extreme disciplinary action, from special needs children who come in to our school unable to speak and function to children I would not hesitate to call brilliant. Not one child is treated with disrespect, and everyone expects the highest standards of behavior, kindness, manners, and effort not just from the students but from all the teachers and staff. It is a genuine relief and pleasure to find staff and teachers that are still willing to work with a concerned parent, to see that you are not the only one that wants your own child to do his best. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 10, 2007
The teachers are great, the office staff is wonderful and everyone is concerned with helping your child learn and grow. They take time to get to know you and your child, if you're willing, and use that knowledge daily to interact with your child. I love this school and we'll be sad to go next year! (military family)

Posted February 05, 2007
The teachers are phenomenal with their teaching and leadership skills. Their patience with these children should be applauded. 80% of the students are military, (constant leaving and/or getting new kids) yet the teachers are able to comfortably bring the child(ren) into their new surroundings while still giving them a high level of education. The teachers and office staff seem to know every child by complete name, and at least one of their parents as well. The parent involvement in difficult now, but with more word of mouth and better communication, the PTAs and volunteering are getting better. The entire adult staff really do take the childrens' learning (educationally, emotionally, socially) to heart and strive to bring them to above standards. Highly recommended.

Tolleson Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2006
We have been pleased with the school. Class sizes are good and the staff is friendly. PreK was excellent, K was hard due to a teacher on maternity leave. Overall would recommend this school.

Tolleson Elementary School
601 Harris Rd, Jacksonville, AR  72076
Last modified Tolleson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tolleson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top