Posted December 09, 2014
Behavior clip boards that humiliate children to enforce good behavior should be outlawed. Every wrong move they make they are sent to move their clip down in front of the entire class. And these clips have each child s name on it so everyone knows what number you re on. My child told me, I guess I m just a bad kid. I expected more from a blue ribbon school. The principal ignored my concerns. I have seen a teacher make a child cry. I saw a lady working in the cafeteria speaking rudely to a child that wasn t doing anything wrong. I am looking to move my child to another school.

Posted September 04, 2014

Posted July 28, 2014
If you are PCSing to LRAFB, save yourself the headache and disappointment and look into Cabot schools or other schools off base. We expected so much more from an 'on base' school. This is not a DoD school and falls under PCSSD, which is probably the worst school district in the area. The principal at ADE has no leadership skills whatsoever, and it shows in the constant unprofessionalism of the majority of her teachers (not all of them of course) and extremely high rate of disciplinary problems in this school. The amount of yelling that goes on in this school by the teachers towards the students is unbelievably high. The majority of the teachers lack classroom control due to the high rate of discipline problems which occur daily, leading to constant classroom distractions for your student.

Posted July 28, 2014
The principal and majority of the teachers at this school are very unprofessional. There are a few great teachers at Arnold Drive (Mrs. Gabaldon, Mrs. Havens, Mrs. Cambridge), but the principal does not accept teacher requests, so it is very difficult to get the right teacher for your child. There is an incredible amount of yelling going on by so many of the teachers in order to gain control of their students. The amount discipline problems at this school is extremely high! If you have an above average student (based on grades and learning ability) they will most certainly not be challenged. This school wastes more time in a day than they spend educating.

Posted April 16, 2014
The staff and leadership is very unprofessional. The treat the children as if they are in prison by punishing them as a whole instead of individually which gives the well behaved children no reason to be consistent with their behavior. They make the children walk on a line. This school is mostly military kids however the kids didn't join the military. Very disappointed in this school- it's ran down and the majority of the teachers suffer from burn out. The principal takes no responsibility. The school has a few exceptional teachers such as Mrs Havens, but it's sad that most of the staff outweigh the few shinning stars that they have at this school. Very disappointed and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Posted April 11, 2014
ADE is a grand school. This is our 3rd year and we have 4 there. I love the school. My wife and are satisfied

Arnold Drive Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2014
My oldest daughter has been at this school two years and I am thoroughly disappointed in the administration as well as the 3rd grade teaching. The principal is highly unprofessional and blames parents & students for issues ranging from paperwork misplaced by the previous office assistant to learning disabled/ADHD children being bullied (i.e. its the child's fault they are being bullied). My 3rd grader is behind and is given no assistance at school. The ONLY reason I would give it a 2nd star would be the pre-K teachers (Ms. Harris & Ms. Alexander) are fantastic but that program is run by the state.

Posted February 25, 2014
This schools rating needs to be adjusted. The 10 that it currently has absolutely does not reflect it's current test scores. My daughter has been attending this school for two years now and her father and I am appalled at the incredibly low standards enforced by it's principal. Parents are allowed to act inappropriately around students and verbally abuse teachers. Teachers' hand are tied and are unable to enforce any kind of decent standards among the parents and problem student. We would not recommend any parent enroll their children at this school.

Posted August 28, 2013
We are new to Arnold Drive but so far have been really impressed (surpassed my expectations) . The principal made us feel very welcome and took the time to understand each of our children's needs. Caliber and rigor of teachers is very impressive. Most important, our kids are happy here! I look forward to seeing them flourish this school year.

Posted August 27, 2013
My daughter is in her second year at ADE and we absolutely love this school. The principal and staff are wonderful and very professional and truly care about the kids. We volunteer often and see what a great school this is firsthand. We definitely recommend ADE!

Arnold Drive Elementary School
4150 Arnold Dr, Jacksonville, AR  72076
Last modified Arnold Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arnold Drive Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top