Jacksonville, AR

Posted July 03, 2015
The teachers are disrespectful and very immature and horrible at their job and always "lose" or claim you didnt turn work in that was turned in. I wouldn't want someone else's child to go through what I went through in just 6 months of me being and being a military child I've been to a lot of schools and this is by far the worst and I'd advise any and everyone to choose a different place. The students there are horrible and bad influences on other students and there is racism towards black students. It's just not a good environment. The sports suck the coaches show an enormous amount of favoritism towards certain players even if they claim they dont and there's so much bad sportsmanship between the players on the teams as well and the school gets no assistance from the board they focus on schools that are worst than this one. The entire County is just horrible they just need some serious help in directing these schools better.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 03, 2015

Posted June 23, 2014
I am a former student of North Pulaski HS, thankfully, and I don't plan on returning, nor do I encourage anyone else to attend this school. The school has severe lack of class, to put it kindly. I'm a military brat, and I've seen ALL kinds of schools, this being one of the worst. This school is known by others as "Nasty Pulaski" and the extremely sarcastic "Classy Pulaski" they are both suiting nicknames. The school is nasty, and unclean, as well as the students. No school can improve when the students don't care about their future, or respect authority. What makes this problem worse is the lack of desire to change by the principals, and some staff members. Its a shame that the few good teachers at NP have basically given up on it, or been forced to transfer to half decent sister schools. If you have other options other than this school do what you can to save your education. The only thing that has kept this school from falling apart or being completely student ran is the military families that attend, and the few parents who have no other choice, but strive to make a difference. Basically, the school completely lacks discipline, and I severely underfunded, an awful combination.

North Pulaski High School 2

Posted May 12, 2014
My school is, okay I guess. There's a lot of bulling that goes on and the teachers do nothing. Its pretty tragic. I wish that the students here cared more about their education. I think that it would make a difference in the school.

Posted January 30, 2014
i hate this school i get picked on all the time for being whight and the teachers doint do a thang i havent benn there 3 mouths yet and i want to burn down the school the teachers doint care about are edication and half of the students there are doing drugs and skipping classes so if i was you i would not go to that school.

Posted May 30, 2013
Im not really fond of this school. I have to agree with the other ratings and comments before this one.

Posted June 15, 2011
I wish I never attended this school. It Is terrible, few good teachers. Half of the student do drugs and couldn't care less about their education. It's even worse having to have class with them and their constant disruptions of class. Standards are very low and to me, as a student extremely dissapointing. I feel like I have deserved MUCH more in terms of education. A Lot of the teachers are jokes and should be immediately fired because they are completely useless to anything in he field of education. I don't know what sort of parent these students have, but I can assure you that the majority of these student are future prison inmates. It's saddening and I'm glad that I'm leaving this school, changing states, and on my way to attending a WORTHY private school. Sincerely, a very disappointed former student of NP.

Posted October 01, 2010
The principal is not a fair person,and is dating the mom of one of his pupils and this i feel is wrong.

North Pulaski High School 3

Posted August 30, 2010
Wonderful teaching staff. My daughter enjoys attending this school more than any other during her years in the PCSSD school system. The building is a disgrace because of the age and lack of proper attention from the PCSSD. Jacksonville wants it's own school district, and truly needs and deserves it. I have always been an active parent in my children's education and active at the schools they have attended. This school and it's students has been done a great disservice by the PCSSD school board. Regardless, they turn out well rounded young adults who have a chance at a college education if they desire it.

North Pulaski High School 3

Posted March 24, 2010
Need to replace administration with ones who care. Most of the teachers I have experience with are good. A few lack communication skills. The band is excellent! The football program needs new coaching staff, ones who actually want to win. It's sad when a mom knows more of what is going wrong on the field than the coach, which is how I feel when I watch the game. All PCSSD schools need to be revamped, but out of the possible high schools my child can attend, this one is the best of the bunch.

718 Harris Rd, Jacksonville, AR  72076
Last modified North Pulaski High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Pulaski High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top