Murrell Taylor Elementary School

Public | K-5

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted January 25, 2013

I have two Grandchildren attending this school and I am very pleased with the school. The leadership and the teachers are excellent and they continually work with the children to help them improve their academic skills. The Grands love it there.

Posted November 6, 2012

This is a horrible school. Principal is a joke. Teachers refuse to work with you.

Posted May 10, 2012

This is the best elementary school in the city of Jacksonville by far. The entire staff do whatever they can to ensure my kids reach their potential. I've watched some teachers, and they just don't pay teacher enough to do what they do. I love this school, thanks Taylor Tigers.

Posted May 3, 2010

My son has a hearing loss. He is in a CBI classroom. He also takes PT,OT,and Speech. All the teachers are wonderful in that they work together to enhance my son's learning abilities and knowlege. I just love it!!

Posted January 7, 2009

I appreciate the staff at Murrell Taylor. The staff at Taylor is very interested in my child's education. We are informed of our children's progress through notes, phone calls, Edline (online grades, and communication through emails) and the daily agenda. I do know that Murrell Taylor's scores are not through the roof, but we must understand that we all must work as a team. The teachers, those that I have observed are putting forth an awesome effort to educate our children. The children must be encouraged by us, the parents to 'make the grade'. We as parents must continue encouraging our children to do their best in school and continue at home. There is not a lot happening as far as extra activities. I believe this has alot to do with the lack of support from the community. We must support our school. 'Nothing from nothing ...'

Posted October 2, 2008

Principal and teaching staff below par. School education performance falls into lower category of measured learning.

Posted August 24, 2005

I have two children enrolled at this school,I have been nothing but pleased with the experience. My children have such a great time and the staff are friendly and offer alot of feedback. I am never in the dark with my childrens' perfomances and progress. The school always has something special going on that keeps my kids interested and excited about education!

Posted August 14, 2005

Hey, Im a parent that has had chidren in this school! I'm about to have another child to particiate in this school! Murrell Taylor has great programs and wonderful, involved teachers. I recommend this school! Trust me!

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 81%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1401 Murrell Taylor Dr