7-12 & Ungraded
Jonesboro, AR
Students enrolled: 1,094

Valley View High School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
As a parent of one student who is graduating and another who is still in high school, I can say we are very pleased with the choice we made to send our children here 7 years ago. We used this site to help make our school decision when we moved to Jonesboro from out of state. It represented Valley View accurately. While I'd love to see a few more AP classes offered along with a higher AP pass rate, overall, both my children are prepared (or will be) for college. I love that all ages in the district are located on the same campus; it truly creates a community atmosphere and sense of ownership among students, parents, faculty, and taxpayers. We are all invested in making sure every area of the district excels. The campus is safe; the teachers really know their students; and the administration/school board has done an outstanding job managing the growth. We're blessed in Jonesboro to have several outstanding public school districts, but Valley View Schools are just a cut above the rest.

Posted July 15, 2013
I'm about to be a sophomore at Valley View High School. I've been a Blazer for 7 years now. I find the education levels of VV to be average. And like any other school, there are bullies, which of most are in my class and the upper classmen that just graduated. The lunches are terrible. I'd consider bringing a lunch, but that's my opinion. The teachers sometimes are a little high standard, but all the teachers I had this past year were amazing. The only thing from telling me to never put your child in there would be the kids... But otherwise, our test scores are really impressive and the majority of teachers actually do their job, and we're a little better than the other schools around us.

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted October 03, 2009
As a parent of 4 students which have attended the school, I find it well balanced with a good focus on education. The teaching staff is excellent and seems to have the welfare of the student in mind which is consistent with test scores and the percentage of students qualifying for scholarships

Posted July 10, 2009
Valley view is a very inspirational school. I have been going there since 3rd grade. I had went to many schools before my years at Valley view and its the only school where i was able to comprehend what the teachers were teaching. I'm now an eighth grader ready to go back to an amazing school.

Posted May 04, 2009
After my oldest on being in a school district that was touted as one of the best but cared more about parent's social standing than in the students education, it is nice to be at Valley View which is outstandingly focused on the students. My children have excelled here with the caring teachers and administration going out of their way to help them transition to a new school and doing whatever is needed to help each child learn and excel. My children's teachers have gone out of their way to find out what interests my children and to build upon that in their lessons. It is amazing the amount of time they spend with each student. An outstanding school!!!

Posted March 16, 2009
I have gone to multiple schools and Valley View, is the best by far. You don't have to be smart, athletic, or pretty to fit in. There is something for everyone. The teachers are great and so are the people. I am moving this year and it is a shame i really wanted to graduate from such a great school.

Posted September 26, 2008

Posted January 04, 2008
There was a great lack of AP class offerings. The counselor we dealt with knew very little about the courses offered. Also, the state requires a half of a semester of fine arts. Valley View does not offer any single semester courses to meet this requirement. It was also very apparent to me that the school's interest in social status was much greater than that of their interest in education.

Posted September 21, 2007

Valley View High School
2118 Valley View Dr, Jonesboro, AR  72404
Last modified Valley View High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top