Bad
Good

As a parent and past student of Westside school district I see many changes that have been positive and negative for our district as well as speaking with students through the years it seem the biggest complaints is that we get really good teachers that leave for more money at other local school and lack of support from administration I am disappointed with what I have seen but in the last 2 yrs things are getting better I believe that if the people of this district would come together the school would be glad to make major changes parent being involved means so much to teachers and staff.

As a parent of a current student of Westside High School I am very unhappy with the classes offered and the staff. Don't get me wrong most of the staff are wonderful however, I have found that some of the staff are very unhelpful and don't seem to care about students. Also I never went to westside I grew up in Texas and went to high school down there. While in high school I was challenged and learned a lot. But this is not the case for my child. She always says she isn't challenged and doesn't feel like she is learning anything. And she is taking all the AP classes she can, but she still is bored in school. Now westside isn't all that bad since it's smaller there are less students in classes. But I still feel there are better choices of schools in the area.

As a former student and now a current teacher at Westside High School, I could not be more excited to say that I am forever a Warrior at heart. I have gotten the opportunity to see this school from both sides and truly believe that this is an amazing school. While it is not a big school, it offers many great educational opportunities with curricular and extracurricular activites. The students know almost everyone in the school and the teachers can provide greater individualized instruction because of the smaller number of students. I have worked in other schools and can truly say that at Westside I see the child's best interests come first. My heart and my loyalty will always be with Westside. Go Warriors!

Last modified Westside High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.