Westside High School 3

Posted May 31, 2011
As a parent and past student of Westside school district I see many changes that have been positive and negative for our district as well as speaking with students through the years it seem the biggest complaints is that we get really good teachers that leave for more money at other local school and lack of support from administration I am disappointed with what I have seen but in the last 2 yrs things are getting better I believe that if the people of this district would come together the school would be glad to make major changes parent being involved means so much to teachers and staff.

Posted January 30, 2009
As a parent of a current student of Westside High School I am very unhappy with the classes offered and the staff. Don't get me wrong most of the staff are wonderful however, I have found that some of the staff are very unhelpful and don't seem to care about students. Also I never went to westside I grew up in Texas and went to high school down there. While in high school I was challenged and learned a lot. But this is not the case for my child. She always says she isn't challenged and doesn't feel like she is learning anything. And she is taking all the AP classes she can, but she still is bored in school. Now westside isn't all that bad since it's smaller there are less students in classes. But I still feel there are better choices of schools in the area.

Posted September 20, 2008
As a former student and now a current teacher at Westside High School, I could not be more excited to say that I am forever a Warrior at heart. I have gotten the opportunity to see this school from both sides and truly believe that this is an amazing school. While it is not a big school, it offers many great educational opportunities with curricular and extracurricular activites. The students know almost everyone in the school and the teachers can provide greater individualized instruction because of the smaller number of students. I have worked in other schools and can truly say that at Westside I see the child's best interests come first. My heart and my loyalty will always be with Westside. Go Warriors!

Posted February 24, 2006
- a former student
I hate to read the bad reviews that WHS has received. I loved attending WHS. I graduated from WHS, went on to finish college, and am currently attending a professional school. I owe a lot to the teachers I had while at WHS. I worked two jobs while in high school and college, and played sports as well as being involved in all the clubs possible. If a student gets held back, it's because they needed to be. Attendance is a mandatory part of school. Has anyone ever heard of truancy? As far as I'm concerned, that is a parent's fault! More parent involvement and support is a key factor in a child's education. So don't blame a school or teachers for you own mistakes. Each student needs to take advantage of the opportunities that WHS provides on their own. The school can't force a student to participate.

Posted February 08, 2006
- a former student

Westside High School 1

Posted June 04, 2005
This is a terrible school. Save a few good teachers, the core curriculum is far lacking in the standards set by other local schools, such as Nettleton and JHS. My son was held back in the 10th grade, he had passing grades but skipped many days of school because of the terrible environment and unchallenging curriculum. The principals seem to have a problem with power trips, and making examples of bright, ambitious students, not to mention the faculty drastically changes on a yearly basis. Don't waste your child's precious time!

Westside High School 4

Posted June 02, 2005
As a student(going into the 10th grade), I have mixed feelings about WHS. It has a warm and inviting atmosphere with the teachers and administration, but there is one thing they can't control...the STUDENTS! Don't get me wrong. it's a wonderful school, but there is almost no control. Sometimes it is hard to concentrate and other times it is really quiet in class.

Posted February 07, 2005
I, as a student at Westside, do not like Westside. I don't feel that I am getting a good education at all. I make all A's and everything but I don't feel that I am being pushed or challenged, so therefore I can slack off a little, like I have done this year, and still have all A's. If I were asked tomorrow if I would leave Westside, then I wouldn't even need to think about it, I would be ready to go right then. I feel that my knowledge and skills could be better used and excercised at a different school.

Westside High School 4

Posted July 28, 2004
As a student, I beleive whs is a good school. There is no cliches we all get along and its a small school so everyone knows each other and all the teachers can call you by your name. The only time they get mixed up is if you have an older sibbling. Whs has been a great school im going on to my sr. year and I love it there. We have great teachers and students. The only thing wrong is we don't give teachers enough money and most of them leave and we also dont give enough classes. Thats the only bad thing.

Posted October 06, 2003
As compared to other schools, Westside has a lot of work to do. I am a former student at Westside, and after attending a university I feel that the quality of education and opportunities received at Westside fell short of many other schools. I feel that the curriculum offered, especially the honors program, is lacking in many areas. The honor students need to be exposed to more than what is offered.

Westside High School
1630 Hwy 91 West, Jonesboro, AR  72404
Last modified Westside High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top