Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework packets are very large and offer no assistance to parents. I have a higher ed degree and still struggled on understanding what it was the teacher wanted from my 2nd grader. I can't imagine the difficulty parents with less education faced. Most of the things my son came home with was busy work and pointless worksheets that he knew the teacher never looked at our graded, and often left incomplete for this reason. I'm all for homework if it has a purpose and benefit, but his did not 95% of the time.

Our son started here for 2nd grade, and I couldn't wait until the end of the year to switch him schools. Parent/Teacher communication was a constant struggle, and I could never get clear answers on how he was doing academically or socially. I requested several conferences and never got them. I have an MAT and know the expectations of teachers and how the school system is built to work, and HWES is falling deeply short in my opinion. I will not be sending my child here again in the future.

My children both went to this school for two years consecutive. From day one we had nothing but behaivour issues with my son. Always getting in trouble and ISS a bunch. His teacher miss Pugh was a terrible teacher. Very arrogant, and constatly provoking my son. We had several conferences to no avvail. The previous principle Miss Hiller stated she would back up her teachers 100%, and the current miss Anderson stated the same. My son is now going to a new school southaven middle school and absolutely loves it. He just now got an award for the most well behaved in a class of 600 and cannot wait to get up and go to school in the morning.

Great school, great staff, great students! Love the programs, gardens, student kitchen, animals, etc. It's a school that takes learning beyond books and into hands on experiences that are interesting to the students.

I love this school. My children have had wonderful experiences here. Since becoming Health Wellness and Environmental Science Magnet, my son has decided to become a zoologist. My other son enjoys the hands on science experiments they do.

South school is a superb school. The teachers and administrators are extremely helpful and communication is fabulous! Jonesboro Public Schools are wonderful. They really attempt to educate a well rounded child despite the rigorous testing demands by the state. It's not just about the 'test'. They teach the frameworks, which means that the children are prepared for the test.

Last modified Health/Wellness Envi Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.