Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I consider myself to be very over protective with my children. They've always been at home with me. So my daughter started kindergarten 16/17 school year and I was absolutely terrified for her wondering if she was going to make friends, if she was going to get lost, if her teacher was going to be nice, etc. So when she got home that day my worried mind was put at ease when she told me all about her day, her teacher, and her new friends!!! Then as the year went on I absolutely fell in love with this school!! Her teacher mrs. jami is heaven sent! She is absolutely wonderful she taught my daughter so much and helped her grow so much we were really blessed to have her!!!! She has three more of my kids coming to her for sure!!!! Everyone there is so nice and helpful!!!This is truly the best school and I would not send my children anywhere else!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have yet to meet a teacher who every student doesn't love. They know what works with these kids and try to touch base with every child at least once a day. Every one of them leaves a lasting impression on these kids in the best way

Amount of homework: Agree

One sheet of homework for the third graders and some reading. My first grader gets some on occasion. I'm so happy with that vs the mound they had in NY. They're little kids, not college students!

My children went to both UHE and UHI and they loved it. While they are a little slower here than NY schools, They took the time to really see my son's learning problems and got him his iep while Jonesboro just sent him to success for troubled children so they didn't have to deal with him. Their teachers have even came to check on them if they miss school. They had this weird flu like stomach bug for about a week and their teachers came here then called daily to check in. It's really awesome that there's teachers out there like that left in this crazy world who really care.

Starting our second year with UHE. We love the atmosphere there. It is fun yet structured. So many of the other employees and teachers say hi to my daughter even though I do not know them personally. Very friendly, caring. Strong academic program. Very pleased!

We are new to the Jonesboro area in our hometown my daughter had a wonderful preschool teacher and now that we are at UHE God has blessed us with another wonderful teacher a Kindergarten teacher named Mrs. Doggett to entrust our precious little girl with. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased. The principal is also very involved with the children and I really like it when the principal actually knows what is going on in the school. He actually takes the time to smile and greet each child. Two thumbs up to a Terrific school!!!

This school is wonderful.We visited all of the surrounding schools districts before enrolling our son in this school. We are so thankful and blessed to have him with the most wonderful first grade teacher Ms. Douglas. My son has grown so much. He does not want to miss a day of school, even when he is sick. The principal is approachable and very involved with parents as well as the students. Other City of Jonesboro schools should model this school.

Last modified University Hgts. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2