PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Some classes more homework was given in than others, but many assignments were unexplained or confusing

Develops character: Neutral

Many lies were told from my classmates to their teachers, regarding homework, tests, and their treatment towards other students.

I went to school here for 10 years, or from pre-k through 8th grade, and in the younger grades the teachers were great, but as I entered into the junior high (mainly 8th grade) half of my core teachers were borderline incompetent and that year the science program was terrible and I learned very little in that class throughout the year. As in most schools older students divided into cliques, I will say I was not in the more popular clique because of my timidity and who my friends were. It was quite irritating not feeling welcome by my fellow classmates, and while very little bullying took place, school did not always seem as a safe place to be. While most teachers were potentially unaware they seemed to favor the more outgoing kids as opposed to the students like myself who did not talk during class except to answer or ask a question (which is what I thought was acceptable to do). Throughout my time at holy souls I made mostly A's but in younger grades some B's, so if you do your work and study a good grade is not hard to come by with the right teacher.

A great school with a long history in Little Rock. It preps students for Catholic High School and Mount Saint Mary (two Catholic High Schools in Little Rock with a long standing tradition of excellence). My kids are getting a great education along with exceptional character instruction.

I have 2 kids in Holy Souls School (1st and 7th grade). There is a great family atmosphere at the school. You can tell that the staff really loves the kids and that everything they do is for the kids. My kids love the school. It is true that cliques form pretty early just like at every other school. Usually the wealthy kids vs everyone else, but there is also the 'jocks' vs non-jocks. The same happened when I was in the LRSD. The one complaint that I have is that the level of homework from 3rd grade on is massive. Expect your kid to have a few hours of homework nightly and on the weekends. We find that we are planning our life around our 7th graders homework. Like any other school there are a few mediocre teachers, but the majority of the teachers are great. We are happy at Holy Souls (even as non-catholics).

Both of my children attended this school. The early grades are great, however from 5th onward this school is below average in terms of education and environment. The 5th and sixth grade teachers are mediocre at best. The junior high kids are subjected to a "popular" cliques . They even refuse to "go out" with a kid who is not in their clique. They are snobby and rude and the teachers are a part of the problem. I would recommend the school for elementary age, but move your child to a different school in junior high.

We have two sons that attend 2nd grade and pre-k at OLHS. We've been more than pleased with, not only their education and attention paid to them by their teachers, but the overall atmosphere of the school/church itself. As a young boy I attending St. Patricks, and while I didn't convert to catholicism, I was taught a great deal over the years, that is more than relevant to my/my wife's views on religion. All of the teachers have been wonderful and have done so much to help our oldest understand the curriculum, which at times wasn't an easy task. His accomplishments during these past 3 years are now more evident than ever and it's a joy to watch him use all he has learned up to this point. Thanks OLHS!

This school is absolutely wonderful. There is a great family atmosphere. From the front desk, to the teachers and administration, everyone is extremely helpful and seems happy to be there. We have 2 boys, kindergarten and third grade. They have been there for two years and love it. The curriculum is well-rounded and challenging. The teachers are great at problem-solving. Most parents are very involved. The associated church is also very family oriented. By comparison to others schools, we are extremely pleased.

Last modified Our Lady-Holy Souls School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8