No rating

Miss Selma's Schools Inc

Private | PK-6 | 249 students

Living in Little Rock

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Sweep tile

Posted August 14, 2013

Wonderful teachers who truly care about the children. A principal with traditional values and modern teaching methods. A place where I felt loved and respected as a child and a place where my own children now feel the same. Love this school and all it has given to my family.

Posted July 9, 2013

My son started attending Miss Selma's as a 4 year old just a month ago. He was in a typical daycare previous to his enrollment at Miss Selma's. His behavior at home has changed SO MUCH! He is VERY happy to go to school EVERY MORNING and seems happier with life in general. He is a typically happy child but was getting in trouble at the daycare often as well as throwing fits at home. That has all changed completely! I love Miss Selma's and I am very picky about child care!

Posted March 12, 2013

Miss Selma's has been a dream come true. Our daughter has been there for 2 years and starts elementary school next year. When we compared the kindergarten checklist for public school with what she's alreay learned at Miss Selma's, she was checked off on everything. The decision to stay was easy. It is well worth the peace of mind to send your child there. The teacher's have all been wonderful. Anytime I haven't been happy about something, they have taken care of it immediately. They are readily accessible and the principle is very involved in day-to-day activities with teachers and students alike. This is a wonderful school and our child will stay there through the 6th grade.

Posted March 7, 2012

Miss Selma's is an excellent school! Our daughter started going there when she turned 2 last year and she loves it. Besides abc's, numbers, colors and shapes, she does artwork most every day, sings music, has gymnastics once a week and is learning Spanish. The teachers are caring and attentive and let us know each day how our child is doing. The principal is very sweet and helpful and immediately addresses any questions or concerns we might have. The entire school is a big family, the kids are happy and polite. There are always plenty of activities to be involved in. Also we feel our daughter is very secure and safe at Miss Selma's. They have strict rules but are not "uppity" like some private schools that only care about money and image. Miss Selma's cares about each child's education and well-being, we love them!

Posted November 4, 2011

Miss Selma's School is an amazing school. The teachers actually care about you. Every child can succeed here. I'm in sixth grade and I absolutely love it here! Don't listen to what ht person said about Miss Selma's being average. The teachers will help you if you are behind but it a generally advanced school. The expectations are high for all students. I have been going to Miss Selma's since kindergarten and I now exel at most things I do. I love the way you can get involved here. For example, I am a cheer captain, class secretary, and volunteer. The principal is so sweet and kind hearted And knows every child's name in the whole school. All children at Miss Selma's are well mannered and polite. Miss Selma's is a five star school, and a second home to me. At the end of the year, the sixth grade class moves on bot only after taking a class trip to San Antonio! I will miss this school like it's my home after I leave!

Posted September 16, 2010

Enrolling our son at Miss Selma's was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Until you experience it, you can not imagine what a loving and familial environment this school provides. We have never met a single teacher or employee that we didn't absolutely love. And Miss Robin, the principal/owner, is the best. She runs the place with an iron fist inside a velvet glove. WE LOVE MISS SELMA'S!!!!!

Posted September 14, 2010

This is the most incredible elementary school. The variety of strengths would take pages to list. One of the most important being-that every child is truely loved and special. The teachers are one of a kind. They teach so much more than the basic academics. The principal is such an amazing person. She knows each child, each family and each car! Miss Selma's has taught my children confidence, responsibilty, and research papers! I don't think you could go wrong sending your child here. Go check them out-preschool on up. My child that is in high school now was so prepared. My other children are still there and love to go to school each day. I love Miss Selmas!

Posted March 10, 2010

Excellent School indeed. My kids attended Miss Selma's for years since they were 2 and have excelled in their current school because of the wonderful foundation that Miss Selma's has given them. Love it!

Posted February 21, 2010

The school have been a benefit to my child. He is only two and have been challenging at times. His teachers have been able to work thorugh this and help create a productive two year old that loves school and cooperates with teachers and parents alike. Each teacher have been very observant and loving with my child paying attention to the smallest detail. I would certainly advise that you send your child to this school after observing several different private school class room settings.

Posted June 29, 2009

I absolutly love this school. Next year will be my last year, and I just don't know what I will do without all the wonderful teachers! I love all of the teachers, staff, and students! I have been here since i was two, so it will be a BIG change going to a different school. Looking forward to all of the adventures in my senior year! ;)
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 18, 2008

Outstanding pre-school. Very nurturing environment and the children are well prepared academically. My kids couldn't wait to get out of the car every day and head in to school. It is a great feeling knowing that your child feels happy and secure all day.

Posted August 6, 2008

My daughter has been in Miss Selma's for the past two years.I love this school.Teachers are excellent and they know how to get the best out of each student-very caring and enthusiastic.Principal's leadership is extraordinary.

Posted July 22, 2008

Both of my children have attended Miss Selma's Schools since 4 K. One now is in the first grade and the other is in the second grade. It is very comforting to pick up my children in the afternoon's and the teacher's know who I am by the car I drive. I feel that Miss Selma's exceeds academically.

Posted April 12, 2008

i went to miss selmas from kindergarden to sixth grade. i graduated 07 then started of to pulaski heights. i am now on to of every thing with As and Bs i am well liked at school and i have many friends. but i am very sad about leaving miss selmas and wish they would add more grade levels. it was a very great learning enviroment and very hands on exprience and was like my 2nd family. i was fully prepared when i went on to my new school. i would recomend this school for anyone.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 14, 2008

Miss Selma's is a wonderful school for the average child. If you child falls on the low end or the high end of learning curve this is not the place for your child. They do have lots of field trips. Math and English is standard. I pulled my child from this school only to find out my child was behind. This school ratio of girls out number boys. Homework is minimal. If you don't want your child at the public schools this is a great choice. If you want your child to be academically challenged this school is not the place.

Posted September 8, 2006

Miss Selma's is an awesome school. It would be a wise decision to send your child there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 27, 2006

I started going to Miss Selma's at the age of four. I loved it the minute I got there. The teachers are extremely nice and very invovled with the children. I went until sixth grade and graduated. It broke my heart. Everyone there was so awesome. I love Miss Robin the principal. It was the best experience of my life.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 8, 2006

I cannot say enough good things about this school. My girls have been here since age 2 1/2. The class room emrollment per teacher is around 15. These kids are loved, no matter what kind of parent they have or color of skin. Learning is fun here, and when learning is hard, they find a way. That is the way it is suppose to be. We did try a public school for 2 months and this was a disaster. I am so thankful for the teachers, principles, and parents who make this school one to be proud of. We truly are a family here, known by our first and last name, not our check book. Robin Smith is owner and Principle of this school, where she lives and breathes these kids. Its not just a job! We love this school! JB

Posted February 21, 2005

I have three children at Miss Selma's - 4th grade, 2nd grade and kindergarten. The two youngest have been at Selma's since they were two. I moved my 4th grader to public school for kindergarten, and moved her back to Selma's in first grade. In six years, I have never had a complaint. It is a loving, nurturing, safe environment for the children. As for academics, my children's standardized test scores average two to five years ahead of their grade level. My only complaint is that the school goes not go beyond the sixth grade. Before you decide on another school, you owe it to yourself, and your children, to visit Miss Selma's.

Posted January 14, 2005

The cirriculum at Miss Selma's is very outdated. My children were very behind when moving to another school. There is no school board. The principal is also the owner and is only interested in the bottom dollar. It seems this school has become a place for the rejects of other schools, as there is no admission criteria. If there is an open spot(and there always is , unless the child is in pre-school) they will take anyone. The buildings are dirty and full of roaches. Be careful.

Asian 3% 1%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7819 T Street