Little Rock, AR

Posted June 16, 2015
Thank goodness I ran across that negative review, so I could set the record straight for anyone whose looking for a school for your precious children! Miss Selma's gave our 3 daughters the foundation of who they are becoming today. I wish my husband and I could take more credit....but we can't. With all due respect to the author of that review, I can tell in reading it that this parent doesn't "get it" when it comes to Miss Selma's. To start, the campus appearance and buildings are intentional and part of the school's unique charm.....like a beautiful old home in the heights of Little Rock. Just because the buildings are old doesn't mean they are falling apart! We had children there for 12 years, and I can assure you the buildings are safe, well constructed, and well maintained. To even hint that you question if it's cleaned on a regular basis...could not be more incorrect. As for illness/injuries, I know as a mother of 3 - that's part of being a kid! And there's no forgetting about children after they've been dropped off! That goes against everything this school stands for. We were truly amazed by the individual attention given to all students. (Regardless of gender, race, religion, financial situation etc...) That's one of the best things about the school. The education and curriculum begins at age 2. This is not a day care for these young children parents!.....instead, they are given a head start on their education while being loved and nurtured as if they were with family. Memories of our daughters performing at ballgames at age 5 with the spirit squad to other long standing traditions of the Thanksgiving Feast, Holiday Concert, Taste of T street Festival, to the most amazing end of the year program... we will always cherish! The most incorrect sentence I read was your impression of the Director. What other school principal/director digs through a trashcan to find your child's expensive mouth retainer on a Sunday afternoon? The same one that stands with an umbrella year after year in the pouring rain to help your child into the car. The same one that sends condolences after my father died even though we've been gone from the school for 2 yrs. If you want a brand new school with the latest architecture and design - this is not the school for you. If you want your child to experience everything mine did and more, please go visit Miss Selma's!

Miss Selma's Schools 1

Posted January 10, 2015
We had high hopes for this school, but it has turned out to be a terrible experience for our child and our family. The school is falling apart and all the director cares about is getting you into a contract. Once you've signed you're completely forgotten about, as is your child. Our childs building is literally falling apart, as is most of the school. From the looks of it new supplies haven't been purchased in over a decade and I'm almost certain the school isn't cleaned daily or even weekly. While some of the teachers seem to mean well and truly care, however i can't say I feel my child is taken care of to the best of anyones ability. My child has been injured and sick more times than ever before and they were in childcare prior to Miss selma's. We will be moving our child at the end of the year, but I wanted to warn other parents out there that were looking at schools to look elsewhere like The Anthony School, Arkansas Baptist or Little Rock Christian Academy.

Posted August 14, 2013
Wonderful teachers who truly care about the children. A principal with traditional values and modern teaching methods. A place where I felt loved and respected as a child and a place where my own children now feel the same. Love this school and all it has given to my family.

Posted July 09, 2013
My son started attending Miss Selma's as a 4 year old just a month ago. He was in a typical daycare previous to his enrollment at Miss Selma's. His behavior at home has changed SO MUCH! He is VERY happy to go to school EVERY MORNING and seems happier with life in general. He is a typically happy child but was getting in trouble at the daycare often as well as throwing fits at home. That has all changed completely! I love Miss Selma's and I am very picky about child care!

Posted March 12, 2013
Miss Selma's has been a dream come true. Our daughter has been there for 2 years and starts elementary school next year. When we compared the kindergarten checklist for public school with what she's alreay learned at Miss Selma's, she was checked off on everything. The decision to stay was easy. It is well worth the peace of mind to send your child there. The teacher's have all been wonderful. Anytime I haven't been happy about something, they have taken care of it immediately. They are readily accessible and the principle is very involved in day-to-day activities with teachers and students alike. This is a wonderful school and our child will stay there through the 6th grade.

Posted March 07, 2012
Miss Selma's is an excellent school! Our daughter started going there when she turned 2 last year and she loves it. Besides abc's, numbers, colors and shapes, she does artwork most every day, sings music, has gymnastics once a week and is learning Spanish. The teachers are caring and attentive and let us know each day how our child is doing. The principal is very sweet and helpful and immediately addresses any questions or concerns we might have. The entire school is a big family, the kids are happy and polite. There are always plenty of activities to be involved in. Also we feel our daughter is very secure and safe at Miss Selma's. They have strict rules but are not "uppity" like some private schools that only care about money and image. Miss Selma's cares about each child's education and well-being, we love them!

Posted November 04, 2011
Miss Selma's School is an amazing school. The teachers actually care about you. Every child can succeed here. I'm in sixth grade and I absolutely love it here! Don't listen to what ht person said about Miss Selma's being average. The teachers will help you if you are behind but it a generally advanced school. The expectations are high for all students. I have been going to Miss Selma's since kindergarten and I now exel at most things I do. I love the way you can get involved here. For example, I am a cheer captain, class secretary, and volunteer. The principal is so sweet and kind hearted And knows every child's name in the whole school. All children at Miss Selma's are well mannered and polite. Miss Selma's is a five star school, and a second home to me. At the end of the year, the sixth grade class moves on bot only after taking a class trip to San Antonio! I will miss this school like it's my home after I leave!

Posted September 16, 2010
Enrolling our son at Miss Selma's was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Until you experience it, you can not imagine what a loving and familial environment this school provides. We have never met a single teacher or employee that we didn't absolutely love. And Miss Robin, the principal/owner, is the best. She runs the place with an iron fist inside a velvet glove. WE LOVE MISS SELMA'S!!!!!

Posted September 14, 2010
This is the most incredible elementary school. The variety of strengths would take pages to list. One of the most important being-that every child is truely loved and special. The teachers are one of a kind. They teach so much more than the basic academics. The principal is such an amazing person. She knows each child, each family and each car! Miss Selma's has taught my children confidence, responsibilty, and research papers! I don't think you could go wrong sending your child here. Go check them out-preschool on up. My child that is in high school now was so prepared. My other children are still there and love to go to school each day. I love Miss Selmas!

Miss Selma's Schools

Posted March 10, 2010
Excellent School indeed. My kids attended Miss Selma's for years since they were 2 and have excelled in their current school because of the wonderful foundation that Miss Selma's has given them. Love it!

Miss Selma's Schools