No rating

Christ Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 130 students

Our school is best known for its small class sizes and quality academics.

Living in Little Rock

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $140,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted September 23, 2013

We have only been attending this school this school year but we love it. The principle, teachers, and staff are amazing. We feel safe and like family at this school. The academics are top notch.

Posted February 25, 2013

This school has far exceeded our expectations and answered many prayers for a safe environment for our daughter. She has regained her confidence and loves school again. The curriculum is challenging but the teachers are creative and make learning fun without tons of worksheets and busy work. This is really the best kept secret in little rock

Posted October 23, 2012

Our children have attended CLS since pre-K, and I can't imagine having a better experience with a school. CLS fosters a caring, compassionate environment while providing outstanding academic programs. The faculty is fantastic - a wealth of experience with such a loving attitude. Our dedicated principal works tirelessly to drive CLS into the future while preserving the culture that makes CLS so inviting. We are truly blessed to be a part of the CLS family.

Posted September 29, 2012

CLS has been a great school for our family. It offers excellent academic preparation for its students as they move into high school. Our youngest is a current eighth grader and is active in school sports and band in addition to his studies. Our older two children are now in college, and both excelled at a highly rated public high school due in large part to their preparation at CLS. The teachers provide a great balance of nurturing and discipline for a great classroom environment. We have a strong principal that has a vision to the future while embracing the important traditions of the school. All types of students can flourish at CLS, which offers programs for both gifted and special needs students.

Posted September 12, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Christ Lutheran. My children have been there since pre-school. (My oldest will be graduating from the 8th grade this year). CLS has been so much more than a place to learn academics, it has strengthened our faith, and been apart of our family. CLS has the best teachers and staff! They have all played a huge part in helping my children grow. I am forever grateful for CLS. It is a blessing to be a part of such an amazing school.

Posted September 12, 2012

We love Christ Lutheran School! The teachers and staff are wonderful. My daughter loves going to school and loves to participate in the AR program. She has attended Christ Lutheran since Pre-K3 and is now a third grader. We truly appreciate the dedication and attention provided by the CLS teachers. CLS provides a safe, kind spirited place to learn and grow.

Posted September 6, 2012

My girls have been students at CLS for Four years! I love it and the girls enjoy going and they love the teachers and CLS Staff; I can truly say that my family are treated like famliy at CLS. CLS feeds a child spirit and mind ; my girls have grown in education and temperance. I'm well pleased with CLS and this school is one most best kept secret in Little Rock.

Posted September 5, 2012

This is our second year at CLS and would not change for anything! They have small class sizes, the teachers are wondeful and are always in contact with parents. My kids love it. They come home happy and always look forward to school! They have learned a lot. This summer one on my kids participated in a reading program with kids his own age and grade level. He was a lot farther along than the rest of the kids in the program.

Posted September 4, 2012

We have been at Christ Lutheran for eight years and we love it! It is a small school but it is like a big family. My children feel safe and secure there and they love their teachers. The student/teacher ratio is small and they get the individualized attention they need - which is rare in other schools. The teachers are open and willing to visit with parents about their child. Our oldest son needed a smaller school enviornment and CLS has been great for him. I love the fact that the 8th graders know the little kids and they all seem to support each other. The work is challenging but not overwhelming. We feel their education they receive from CLS adequately prepares them for high school.

Posted September 4, 2012

We have found a home at Christ Lutheran School! The small class sizes allow for individualized attention. It is also convenient for my family as my preschooler now attends the same school as his big sister! This means I only have one drop-off & one pick-up. The parents organization is fantastic and was able to donate $30,000 to the school last year to be used for curriculum and technology! We also call Christ Lutheran Church home, too, as the congregation has been very welcoming to a family with small children.

Posted September 4, 2012

We have two children that have attended Christ Lutheran for 6 years now; our daughter since 3rd grade and our son since pre-K. This school has been an absolute blessing! Our children receive an affordable, Christ-centered education that goes above and beyond! The "Reach Out" program is outstanding for children that may need academic assistance. We appreciate the small student-teacher ratio and the "family-feel'".

Posted September 3, 2012

CLS is a fantastic school. We were searching for a school that could help out our daughter that had a slight learning issue. Every expert we talked to had this school first on their list. After touring/meeting the faculty, it was first on our list too. They keep up-to-date on technology, have small class sizes with great teachers, and a "reach-out" program if your child needs extra help. We couldn't be happier with our choice and would chose CLS again.

Posted September 1, 2012

Christ Lutheran has always provided a fun, nuturing, christian based environment for our daughter. As a working mother it is a comfort for me to know that my child is happy and well taken care of through the day. I can't wait for our son to start preschool at Christ Lutheran!!

Posted September 1, 2012

Christ Lutheran provides a small student to teacher ratio. The teachers and staff are outstanding!!! I believe that Christ Lutheran is a home away from home for my children! We were blessed to find such a school!

Posted September 1, 2012

I love Christ Lutheran! Both of my children have attended CLS. My oldest is in High School now. My youngest is still at CLS. They have both gotten an outstanding education. The teachers really care. Christ's love shines through the teachers. The classes are small. I love that my child can participate in any sport she chooses. No try outs. If you want to play, you play. Both girls have enjoyed being in band. And both have been able to participate in "Clue". This is an "extra" CLS offers for gifted kids. They also have a program for kids with learning difficulties. For a small school, CLS, offers many that I would expect only a larger school to offer . I could not be happier with the school. The administration is quick to answer questions when I ask. If you are looking for a great school with a really. Once isn't location, you should visit CLS and have your child shadow.

Posted August 31, 2012

My daughter started at CLS last year as a 4th grader and I noticed immediate improvement in her behavior as well as her test scores. She was a "straight" A student at her charter school, but she did not preform well on the standardized tests. Her scores improved by almost 10% across the board in just one year at CLS!! CLS is more than just a school too. It is truely a family enviroment. I have never been in a school envirnoment that is as calm, quiet and nuturing as CLS. I only wish she could stay here through high school! My husband and I could not be happier with CLS.

Posted August 31, 2012

This is our second year at CLS. The teachers are outstanding. The class size is small, which allows each child to receive individualize attention. The principal is very hands on and always willing to listen to any issues and solve them. Academically, my child is challenged, but not overwhelmed. Fantastic school

Posted March 30, 2011

I have three children attending CLS, soon to be four children attending and our experience couldn't be better. My older children attended a few of the public schools in the area as well as a magnet school during their early elementary years. We moved our daughter to Christ Lutheran in the middle of her 4th grade year because she was failing at the magnet school she was attending. She had an IEP and was just falling through the cracks. We heard about CLS's Reach Out program and decided to give it a try. She has become a new child since attending here. Her grades improved dramatically, she would skip down the halls. The nurturing environment as well as the extremely qualified teachers have made all the difference for her. I moved my middle schooler and my kindergartener there the following year and they continually tell me how much they love this school. My oldest is challenged appropriately and the teachers take such a personal interest in the children according to their individual strengths and giftings. I could go on and on but I hope the message is clear. This is a fabulous school! We feel extremely blessed to be a part of it.

Posted October 5, 2010

Academic Excellence! Individual Achievement! Christ's Love! That's what Christ Lutheran School offers. I'm a parent of a CLS graduate who attended for 11 years and is currently in college doing very well academically. I'm also an educator who has had the privilege of sharing in God's ministry at CLS for over 15 years. I cannot say enough great things about CLS and our principal, who is one of the best administrators for and with whom I have ever worked. She has inspired, encouraged, and brought us to higher levels of excellence, both academic and spiritual. As for the students, she considers it a most important calling to cherish and teach each of them as children of God, dearly loved. Her love for her Lord guides her as she daily shares with students and teachers, God's Word, God's Wisdom, and God's desire for us to walk in His light. Great school!

Posted August 6, 2010

My daughter is beginning her 4th year at CLS after prek 3, 4 and Kindergarten. She has been blessed with terrific teachers who genuinely care about her. Most importantly, they pray for her. Twice last year we recieved "We prayed for you..." cards in the mail. What a terrific feeling knowing that teachers are teaching and praying for your children! Our son is starting there in the fall. I would strongly recommend CLS for an outstanding education in a Christian environment.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Heidi Jerry
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)
Fax number
  • (501) 663-9542

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Direct instruction
  • Honors track
  • Multi-aged
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Gifted specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Transportation options
  • Music room
  • Parent center
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom