Little Rock, AR

Posted September 12, 2014
The Anthony School is a great school with a select few of "good" teachers. Only a few really care whether your son learns or not. My son was prepared for Highschool but didn't miss the Anthony School. The worst part was the principle who I have not chosen to mention. She seems like she doesn't care about the students and only wants her $. She is not the best faculty member there, which is NOT a good thing. Most principles care for who they have entering in their school but she sees it as, "pay,get in, pay, learn,pay, and get out." Not impressed with the principle. I am not talking about the principle of 13-14 but the predecessor. Great education. Bad leader

Posted July 22, 2013
Great school with diverse cultures. Provides students will challenged curriculum. Staff & faculty are great.

Posted July 02, 2013
I could not ask for a better environment for my children to establish their educational foundation. The school has been around for 70+ years for a reason. The schools approach to learning is relaxed but challenging, involved but independent. I have two children, one that has already graduated. She was more then prepared for rigorous curriculum at a private high school. Because the school is small, my children have developed a rapport with the teachers that have allowed them to be confident, independent learners. I highly recommend this school whether your looking for. 3yr old program or a middle school for your student.

The Anthony School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
The Anthony School is pretty good of a school for Little Rock. Most of the teachers are really nice and good teacher. The only problem is the cliques. If you are not "cool", no one really wants to be your friend. Therefore, a lot of kids will change their personality to be friends with someone. There is also a lot of drama. Although the school has a no bullying policy, there are many bullies at TAS who don't get in a lot of trouble. Most of the kids also act older than they actually are by dating in fourth grade or wearing "cool" clothes or just talking down to people.

The Anthony School 1

Posted February 25, 2013
Worksheets , worksheets and more worksheets. Very uncreative uncaring teachers. The previous comment about cliques and queenbees/wannabes is very true. Parentcrew program is only for nonworking moms and it really does nothing. Tons of homework nightly with lots of information not covered in class so you have to teach it at home.

Posted January 17, 2013
The Anthony School has provided my daughter with a great foundation and background to begin her schooling. The Pre-School made me wish I could go back relive my school years all over again. It is a safe and vibrant world full of imagination and just the right amount of structure. The staff are motivated, versatile, accommodating and are fully invested in their commitment to love and educate. Probably its greatest strength is its dedication to improve itself and take on challenges. Starting at the top, the staff at Anthony are approachable and professional. I am impressed with their continuous efforts to examine their strengths and weaknesses and make appropriate changes in order to continue providing the best atmosphere for each student. Thank you Anthony School and keep up the great work!

The Anthony School 2

Posted September 19, 2012
We were completely underwhelmed with The Anthony School, despite many of our friends loving it. The pre-K program was pitiful considering how expensive it is - the quiet kids were ignored while problem children were dealt with, and they just colored dorky worksheets printed off the internet. The leadership at the school is a joke - the head of the school doesn't know the kids, the kids don't know her, and her only interest is in making sure the school appears great and keeps money coming in - she takes no responsibility for the happiness, welfare, or safety of the children there. The parent involvement is pretty dysfunctional - there is definitely not a feeling that a cohesive PTA works together to ensure the success of the school. My elementary school child has a very sweet teacher, but the academics were outdated and too much learning was expected to happen with homework.

The Anthony School 2

Posted August 05, 2012
We relied on the glowing reviews we read on this website to help us make the decision to enroll our daughter in middle school when we moved from the West Coast which is why I am choosing to put in my own 2 cents. Unfortunately, we did not have the experience we read about and hoped for. This school is very cliquey. Queen bees and wannabes with both students and parents abound so if you aren't "that type" forget it. The education is nothing more than we received in a public school back home but you can't expect too much here in Little Rock - which is why there is such a huge home school community. The administration and teachers are very nice and I believe they do the best they can but it is a very small school and chooses to teach to the average student. If you have an above-average child, there are no honors or pull-out classes for them. We did not feel it was worth the money and left after 2 years.

Posted October 17, 2011
When our daughters first transferred to Anthony from a public school, my wife and I were apprehensive because they both had to move down a grade to get the right academic fit. Now, four years later, all earlier doubts are ancient history. The students at Anthony get a great education, of course, but they also get much more than that - mutual respect among students and faculty, a caring environment, and a can-do attitude. The experience our children are getting at Anthony is worth way more than the cost of tuition.

Posted September 05, 2011
My sons started here at the preK 3 and preK 4 level and are now in kindergarten and 1st grade. We love this school! The teachers are fantastic, they are all very enthusiastic about teaching and take time to get to know the kids as individuals. When I walk down the hallway with my kids, everyone (from the principal to the janitors to the older kids) knows their names and says hello. My older son is very shy and has a speech delay, but he couldn't be in a better, more supportive environment. His speech and confidence has improved so much since starting here. The curriculum is challenging, but they make sure the kids have fun. The whole school is very organized (they send automated calls out to all parents if there's a snow day, you get regular e-mail updates). The lunch program is fantastic. Financially, sending our kids here is a stretch, but I really believe it is worth it.

The Anthony School