Posted September 04, 2013
I have been associated as a parent/grandmparent at this school for over 24 years. At no time have I ever felt uncomfortable dropping my son/grandson off in the morning. Entering the building leaves no doubt that this is a true montessori environment. Everybody achieves with greatness here. I am amazed daily at what my grandson is capable of and how eager he is to show. I am a public school teacher and sad to say we don't compare. This place has integrity and tradition.

The Childrens House Montessori School 2

Posted September 05, 2011
My two sons went there, 1 from 18 mo-3 years, the other 18 mo-4years. Things were OK (although several of my favorite teachers left during that time), until my younger son turned three. He was moved to a much larger classroom, and within a few months his new teacher diagnosed him with 2 psychiatric disorders (obsessive compulsive disorder and oppositional defiance disorder). He had just turned 3. At that point we decided we needed to change schools. He is 5 now, and has done great at his new school (without psychiatric help). I am not the only parent that this has happened to (being told their kid is developmentally abnormal when they are fine). My older son has a significant speech delay, and I thought he did well there. However, when he moved to a more structured environment he actually did a lot better. We now have a 1 year old, and he will definitely not be attending this school. Some of the teachers here are very good, and I like the Montessori concept, but this school was not for us.

Posted November 02, 2010
The lunches do need improvement BUT this is a fantastic school! We were there from age 2 through the end of grade 3. My children were so happy and the staff and faculty became a second family to us. The teachers are excellent and caring and the curriculum is dynamic and exciting which involves the family (esp in grades 1-3). It is an incredibly nurturing environment. I feel so lucky that we found this school. It is all heart and soul and prepares your child to be loving, intelligent, deeply inquisitive and well-mannered. If all public schools were like this, there wouldn't be an issue of any children left behind. I think it's more culturally diverse too than most other private schools, which is a plus, and offers lots of outside time too!

The Childrens House Montessori School 1

Posted June 25, 2009

The Childrens House Montessori School 0

Posted March 11, 2008
My twins have been attending Children's House since they were 18 mos. and they'll be 4 this year. I would not have anyone else care for them. They've learned so much, socially and academically. I feel like we're part of huge loving family at Children's House.

Posted February 23, 2008
We love CHMS. The school offers and incredible educational experience in a 'community' environment. The teachers and staff are well trained and truly care about the children. As a teacher in the public school system I see a depth of learning taking place at CH that is truly preparing the children that attend to be lifelong learners. Unfortunately I don't always witness that same environment in the public school I'm at. I would recommend Children's House to any parent for their child.

Posted July 29, 2007

Posted January 19, 2007
I attended Children's House as a preschooler and now am pleased to be sending my children there. It continues to offer excellent educational experiences and a fun, nurturing atmosphere. The school seeks to develop the whole child by offering opportunities for the children to learn academic skills, life skills, and experience the world outside of the classroom. They are very proactive in guiding the children through the lessons as well as creative play time. The staff are very loving, attentive,and are great role models for the kids. When I ask my 3 year old 'Are you ready to go home?' at the end of the day, most often her answer is 'No! I want to stay and play!' As a parent and teacher myself, I love hearing that from her at the end of a school day! We love CHM! I have nothing but positive reviews!

The Childrens House Montessori School
4023 Lee Avenue, Little Rock, AR  72205
Last modified The Childrens House Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
The Childrens House Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top