No rating

Little Rock Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 1270 students

Living in Little Rock

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $289,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted November 12, 2013

Some of the people who work at this school are rude and hateful to children and parents. The parents are like the mean girls in high school except worse. For the most part, I have found this school to be superficial and not Christ like.

Posted October 21, 2010

The teachers and faculty are very caring and helpful. The environment is excellent.

Posted June 24, 2010

We move from out of state just as the school year was beginning. We were forunate to get a spot for our 2nd grader. From the 1st day we knew LRCA was the right choice. From the enrollment process, to teacher, to principal & administration, all went out of their way to make our son feel part of his new school from Day 1. They communicated to us how he was adjusting to starting to a brand new school & took away any anxiety we had. We're grateful to have found this wonderful school, and appreciate the Christian principles that are being taught & making a difference in shaping our son's view of the world around him. Next year big brother will be joined by our 5 and 4-year olds as they join kindergarten & pre-K.

Posted October 3, 2009

Our school has a Christian, loving atmosphere at a time when many schools can't even discuss God or Jesus. Our teachers are loving, kind, and compassionate and have a heart for teaching! Although our school is large, it is a community where everybody knows everybody and we take care of one another.

Posted March 2, 2009

This is my daughter's first year at LRCA. We couldn't be happier with the school; the teachers are involved, loving, and make schoolwork and learning something my daughter actually looks forward to. As a parent, I'm amazed at how quickly and how much she is learning! In addition to all they're teaching her in the standard academic areas (which is much more than most schools at this level, in my experience), she is learning to love God and her neighbors more every day. It is truly a safe, happy place for my daughter, and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

Posted January 15, 2009

Contrary to one of the reviews posted on here, LRCA holds no negative racial stereotypes for an minorities besides Caucasians (at least spell it right!) in my opinion. They embrace God's variety of children and extremely accepting. As a student from 4th to 8th grade, I thoroughly enjoyed the curriculum they set and maintained. Teachers not only teach, they care about the students and make going to school a pleasure. Thanks, LRCA! - W. Gao

Posted October 11, 2008

My daughter joined LRCA during high school. The community is so friendly and she has adjusted very well. But the best news is that the school focuses on learning, not just teaching. Her interest in school work has improved dramatically and her grades are now solid. The homework is relevant and rigorous but she likes what is going on inside the classrooms. I'm a big fan of this wonderful school.

Posted October 11, 2008

Very good school but the kids have racial steriotypes about all minorities other than Cocasians.

Posted September 25, 2008

This is an aweosme school! i just started and they are very accepting,

Posted July 30, 2008

LRCA is a VERY good school! I've been here since kindergarden, and am now finishing my 10th grade year. The teachers are the best because, they care about your learning and your relationship with god. I definetly reccoment LRCA!

Posted April 6, 2008

I have been attending Little Rock Christian Acadmey since Kindergarden. It's an amazing enviroment surrounded by caring teachers. They truly care not only about your academics but where God is in your life. It offers a worldview class for High School that enriches students on God's view on worldly topics. I am so blessed to have been placed in this school.

Posted February 19, 2008

This K - 12 Christian School has an excellent national reputation for academics, athletics and spiritual growth.

Posted February 2, 2008

My daughter began there as a 9th grader and graduated '07 as a Ntl Merit Finalist. College is costing us nothing due to her education at LRCA. We interviewed several private schools, but few could offer the pace she was on academically. She loved the atmosphere, classmates & teachers. Our son enrolled there this year and loves it. Charlie

Posted May 19, 2006

I absolutely love LRCA!!! I have an awesome time during school and at the same time I'm getting a great educaton! LRCA has so much to offer. Plus...we won state champs in basketball!!!! We have a great athletic system goin!

Posted December 21, 2005

We LOVE Little Rock Christian! This school is extremely balanced and refreshing! Our children are having fun while learning. Incredible leadership, wonderful teachers and great kids. I would encourage you to check them out.

Posted April 10, 2005

I love Little Rock Christian Academy. I have been a teacher there for 19 years. Both of my children have attende the school. The most important thing they learn here is to have a Christian World View. Onward and Upward. Mrs. N.

Posted September 7, 2004

My son has attended LCRA since his 1st grade year, and he now in his 10th grade year. I have been very happy with the attention he has received and especially the focus on core courses with particular strengh placed on reading, research, and writing along with strong emphasis on math and science. My son has tested very high scores in sat and I attribute LCRA to much of his preparation. This school produces a high per centage of merit scholars.

Posted May 11, 2004

LRCA has an atmosphere that trains up children to be responsible, thinking adults while they are allowed to be kids. They support the family and assist you in raising children that can support their beliefs. They have a great athletic program as well - from golf to track to soccer as well as baseball, football, and basketball. Well-rounded people are the goal here!

Posted March 3, 2004

LRCA is a really good school. I'm really glad I've stayed there for 9 years and counting. I really love the teachers. It's definatly a very friendly atmosphere. I have the best friends and teachers are always going out of the way to hold us accountable.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Best Private School (2005)
  • Best Private School (2007)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (501) 868-8766

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Ptf (parent-teacher fellowship) warrior club (athletics booster club) band booster club all of these organizations support the school through fundraising efforts.

Apply now