PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Money, Money, Money is all they care about. The focus on learning isn't on the top of Mrs Stewart's list. They use to be great with the education and Christian values. My husband is really angry that we've trusted them with out children's education and have it turned into who can get the most money

We have had our daughter in the school since she was 18 months old. Most of the teachers she has had are excellent and go above and beyond, however this year that has not been the case. My daughters teacher seems to be more concerned with her social status then actually teaching/caring for the children under her control. During a meeting with the principal I was told that my child, who is no angel but isn't a horrible child, needed to be medicated and that we should think about moving her to another school. We haven't had any trouble with her in any other class. I requested she be moved to another class to see if a change in leadership would help. I was told that it was a stupid request. I believe this is due to our lack of extra funding, aka fund raisers, that we have been able to participate in. The administration seems to not care about how we feel because we don't give lots and lots of money. Overall it is a good place, but I caution you to look elsewhere before committing to this school.

Awesome school! My kids LOVE their school, teachers & principal! The staff & administration are wonderful and so loving! My 3 kids know more scripture than me. They daily chapel services are so great! I love it & recommend it to everyone! One thing I appreciate is they do NOT tolerate bullying. They do their best everyday, and my kids are thriving there. Oh, and reading some of the negative reviews below, they do not ask for donations. They do request we participate in fundraisers, which ALL schools do. No, they do not have a lot of extra funds flowing in...but Tuition is affordable unlike so many other private schools. I'm thankful to God for SCA.

So thrilled with our experience at SCA. God is there everyday. My kids love it and so do we!

My family and I have been a part of the SCA family for 20 years. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. This is our home! GO LIONS!! :)

I am proud of the mission of SCA and have only wonderful things to say about Southwest Christian Academy. My two children are well grounded in God's word thanks to the support of the daily chapel services and teachings in each and every class. I am so thankful for the leadership of the administration and that they do what is right in the sight of God no matter what.

Awesome school and wonderful teachers that genuinely care about our children. My kids have been there since pre k-2. Not only do they have a curriculum for 2 year olds they also teach them the Bible at such an early age. Now in upper elementary, both my kids excel in their education, sports and are extremely sociable. As a parent that went to public and private school growing up, there is nowhere else I would send my kids. We love our school. We can call it "our" school because we are one big family. Our theme this year is "we are family". No matter what religious or ethnic background you are, you are completely welcomed into the family.

Lack of ethnic % in grade school & high school. Majority of income based on preschool & I believe administration supports this thinking. They would have less $ woes if they think outside the box. My three children attended & were able to attain a higher social climbing (dance courts, student counsel, etc.) after leaving. They must accept ethnic diversity in their school, or #'s will remain low, which leads to problems w/ students and real life social skills w/ those that are different once they leave this school. A real shame because there are some excellent teachers here who don't hold the same beliefs. Praying this changes.

SCA only cares more about money then the care of a child. Since I never donated money to the school. They kicked my 3 year-old out of the school.

I attended this school so I know first hand how the staff and teachers are. First they care way more about money than they do the students. . They tried to charge my parnets for a school year that I didnt even attend there and when we tried to get my transcripts to go to a different school they wouldnt give them to me. Overall this school is awful and I would never send my kids there.

Last modified Southwest Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12