PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted October 01, 2013
My daughter has been at AR Baptist since K-4 and is graduating this year. I wouldn't want her to be anywhere else. I have friends that have children at some of the other private schools in town and all of them have some of the problems mentioned here. We have had a few teachers we haven't clicked with and a few issues I haven't agreed with, but overall, it is an awesome school. Teachers and parents are very involved. The class sizes are small. It is a challenging curriculum, especially high school. There are sports for every interest and band, but they put very little money and support towards drama. I feel the teachers and administration really care about these kids. If your child just wants to coast through high school and put out any effort, you might not want to invest the money to have tjem here. Our ACT, etc scores are great and every year we beat out a whole host of private schools in the area in a competition where the kids take.an actual final exam in college courses.

Posted August 02, 2013
Arkansas Baptist is a wonderful school. I have been involved with the school for several years and am very happy. The education they receive is second to none, the teachers care about their students, they strive for excellence in everything. You will always have the student who cannot manage anywhere ridicule AB, and those parents are the worst, but AB is the best school around with real students and real teachers.

Arkansas Baptist School System 4

Posted July 07, 2013
AB, or any school for that matter, is what you make it. AB has high expectations in the elementary school. If your child is not average or above or is ADHD, they will have to work harder. AB does have extra learning lab help available for those with learning disabilities (at extra cost.) In my experience, those who end up being unhappy with the school are usually unhappy everywhere else they go if they are actually serious about a good education.

Arkansas Baptist School System 1

Posted June 26, 2012
Arkansas Baptist High School survives under the blanket of values and Christianity. The simple fact is that the staff is extremely underqualified, under supported and the hierarchy of the school system is failing. A lack of funds cause stress and strain on teachers who are already not prepared for their job, professionally or otherwise. If you want your student to learn values, but nothing in the classroom, AB is the place.

Arkansas Baptist School System 3

Posted September 02, 2011
We left AB due to bullying issues. We addressed these concerns with the principal and superintendent and yet nothing was done about the issue. The quote we got back was "These issues normally don't start until 8th grade, but this year it has been 7th grade and 7th grade girls have been the worst." No disciplinary action was taken against the students doing the bullying. Conincidently, I know of 5 other families that have removed their children from AB as well for the same issues. My child attended AB for 9 years before we left.

Posted March 27, 2010
I attended Arkansas Baptist from K-4 through High School graduation. I can say from first hand experience that the leadership at AB is outstanding. The teachers go out of their way and above their means to reach out to the students. Obviously some are more natural than others, but they truly care about the kids. Having grown up my whole life in it & being involved first hand, I can easily say that God used ABSS to make me into the person that I am today.

Arkansas Baptist School System

Posted October 08, 2009
The teachers are very loving toward the students. This school has tremendous parental involvement. I feel that my daughters have been challenged to do their best, We've been at ABSS for 8 years, and we are very happy!

Posted May 26, 2009
I have a son who just finished kindergarten and we LOVE Arkansas Baptist! He prays for others and has such a sweet attitude. I know that the teachers truely care about each student. My daughter will be starting K3 in the fall and I am confident that she will learn the love and respect for others that my son has.

Posted March 19, 2009
If you are in the Central Arkansas area and have children, you need to visit Arkansas Baptist Elementary and High Schools. Our three children have thrived in this loving and caring academic environment. When they say 'Trust us with their minds and we'll give them our hearts...' they mean it.

Posted September 09, 2008
I've been involved with this school for 10 years. If you can look at the actual school and not the older building it is within, you will see a phenomenal school. This school has the higher expectations that used to be in place, not the dumb-downed curriculum that began when the 'everyone must excel' attitude prevailed. BUT everyone can excel in this school if they work hard. My kids are all different, but have all done well in this school. If you are looking for consistency, this is the school for you, especially in the most recent years when Mr. Bennett and Mr. Goldsmith came. The teachers at this school care about the education of the child as well as the well-being, but they do not let the former suffer. This school also offers top-notch fine arts programs, something lacking in many schools in the central Arkansas area, publ

Arkansas Baptist School System
62 Pleasant Valley Drive, Little Rock, AR  72212
Last modified Arkansas Baptist School System is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Arkansas Baptist School System Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top