No rating

Lutheran High School

Private | 9-12

Living in Little Rock

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $140,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted May 21, 2009

Look no further than Lutheran high for your child. Caring teachers, excellent Christian environment.

Posted May 8, 2009

I love going to LuHi. The teachers really care about who I am and what I'm about. I'm going to play in the strings program next year. I play on the soccer team which is top in the state. The dances ROCK! My classes are hard but the teachers are there for me & I can get help before or after school any day. I can see and feel Christ every day! I plan to go to medical school after graduation and I know I will be prepared!

Posted March 20, 2009

I have two sons who graduated from Lutheran High. Both received the acadenmic preparation needed to receive excellent academic scholarships to attend the colleges of their choice. My older son is graduating from college this year with a high GPA, thanks to the foundation laid by his high school years. My younger son is doing well in his second year at Baylor. Not only was he well prepared academically, but had excellent experiences with extracuricular acitivies such as drama and cross country. He appreciated the variety of oppurtunities he received and the fact that it made him a more well rounded person. Lutheran High nutured our sons spiritually, academically and physically.

Posted March 20, 2009

Lutheran High School is a great school! My son has been attending school there for two years. It is a smaller school and at first I was concerned about that, but that has turned out to be a wonderful thing. The students are able to be involved in many different sports and clubs without having to be excluded because there are too many kids going out for the same sport. The teams are able to be competitive with other schools because of the wonderful coaches who truly care about the kids, and the way the athletes feel part of a family. The upperclassmen are great role models for the entering freshmen and really make them feel welcome. The academics are great and AP classes are offered with a good success rate. This school is a safe environment where kids of all faith and backgrounds are accepted and excel.

Posted March 20, 2009

Lutheran is small in size but mighty in heart. I would encourage anyone looking for a high school home to consider this fine school.

Posted March 19, 2009

My children went to LRSD and Lutheran High was a God send. They are in a safe school where the staff really care about my children succeeding. They are able to play all sports including tennis, swimming, soccer, volleyball, softball and more. The coaches encourage the children instead of screaming insults at them for making a mistake. The school has a great reputation for producing National Merit Scholars, and each class receives multiple full-ride scholarships to well known universities. I love that we found such a great school for our children.

Posted March 19, 2009

My son is a student at Lutheran High School. A school that means more to us than just an institution of learning. He is a good student, scoring high on the ACT, and doing well in his class work, but there is another side of this school that needs to be known. Last November, my son became ill. During this same period my father had an illness and passed away. When the teachers, staff and administration at Lutheran High School learned of my son s condition/loss of my father the staff began to contact us to work out lesson plans, and reassure us that my son would be OK academically. They offered sit with him so we could take care of other things. This is not just a school, but rather a community. Where the values of faith, academic excellence, hard work, and love and trust toward each other are exemplified.

Posted March 18, 2009

My daughter has attended Lutheran High School for 2 years now. It is a wonderful school. Great teachers, great students, a safe environment and Christ centered! My youngest daughter will be a student there next year and is very excited. They offer advanced classes (AP) that she needs and she can't wait to play on the awesome soccer team. I could go on & on about what a great school it is...just send your child to shadow & they will fall in love with it.

Posted March 18, 2009

Lutheran high is my home and i could not imagine my life without it. everyday is something new and exciting. my teachers are my best friends and listen to me and my classmates. they hear us out and express concern whenever needed. i intend on graduating from lutheran and going on to Concordia lutheran for college. i want to keep myself in the faith. in Jesus Christ. he is my life and the school is my life and everyone in it is my family. Today my algebra two teacher expressed how proud he was of my class and how much he loves his students and it brought him and all the girls maybe some guys to tears. it's a great feeling to have, love and security

Posted March 18, 2009

My child not only got great academic preparation, she also grew in her faith. She went to college well-grounded and sure of herself.

Posted March 18, 2009

I've not been to may schools in the past. I was home schooled for most my life, and then I was sent to a charter school. My family decided to try out Lu-High, and it is a terrific school! The classes are interesting and the teachers are enthusiastic and the students are friendly. It's a real family environment! At my last school, the teachers were just trying to get through the day and couldn t stand us kids. The teachers at Lu-High welcome us and they stand firm in their faith. Christ focused, individually nurtured, academically centered, empowered for servant hood every day! That's our mission statement and we live up to it! Lu-High is the school I'd like to graduate from, and that means three more years, and I'm looking forward to it!

Posted March 18, 2009

Lutheran High School is basically my second home. All the kids and even some teachers are like my brothers and sisters. Everyone cares about me and I feel like a can talk to anyone about anything going on in my life. The curriculum is challenging, but the teachers are very helpful and make learning fun. I am involved in two sports and a few clubs, which does not even exceed the limit of things I could be involved in. I would never go anywhere else in the entire world. You will not find another school like Lutheran High.

Posted March 18, 2009

lutheran is the best school ever. everyone is like a family there. i HIGHLY reccomend lutheran.

Posted March 17, 2009

I had my oldest son graduate from LU-Hi in 2004 and was awarded academic scholarship and a soccer scholarship at Lyon College where he is continuing excelling in both becasue of the integrity and challenges he has had at Lu-Hi school. From the teaching, extra curriculum activities, sciences classes he took at Lu-Hi prepared him well for College. My 2nd son is graduating this spring and he is awarded a full scholarship at Lyon ,recives the governor scholarship and he is on waiting list for Washingtom University. Again, he has received a very good education at Lu-Hi as well as passes high score on his SAT. I cannot say enough of Lu-Hi. The student body is small, but the excell in everythin they try becaue fo the friendship between students and the staff who cares about the students education and extra-activities. My son was in Tennis, Band, Soccer, Swim, Drama.

Posted March 17, 2009

This year is my daughter's senior year at Lu-High. Before herfreshman year, we looked around at other schools online, went to some school open houses, talked with other families with students in other schools and made the decision that Lutheran High was the best fit. Yes, it is a Lutheran school, but we're not Lutheran. The Lutheran-ism has mainly meant it's an environment where teachers are trustworthy and students are safe. The fairly small size means that students are not limited in the number of activities in which they can participate--a real plus for multi-sport athletes and students with a variety of interests in academic and service clubs. The cost is on the low to middle end of private schools in LIttle Rock, making it a good value. Would we do it all over again? I believe that we would, because Lutheran High is still the best fit in town!

Posted March 17, 2009

Both of my sons have attended this wonderful school. At first, I was concerned that the school was small but this ended up being a huge plus! My sons recieved individual attention and a fantastic education. My oldest son recieved a soccer and academic scholarship to a top rate private college. My yougest son has recieved 5's on every AP exam except one (and he got a 4 on that one) Even though the school is small they have gone to state championships in soccer and have made it to state in tennis, swimming and track.

Posted March 17, 2009

Our experience with Lu High is exceptional. I cannot express enough the strenght of our staff/teachers. They are devoted to our children and their education. Lu High is a safe, clean, spiritual environment. We will never reget enrolling our child in Lu High.

Posted March 17, 2009

This is my daughter's second year at Lutheran High School and i can not imagine her being anywhere else. The teachers care about how she is doing in class and will go out of the way to help any student that might need help in a particular subject. All students get the one-on-one attention that is sometimes needed, you don't see in other schools.

Posted March 17, 2009

I'm a student at Lutheran High and honestly, I love it. You can definitely feel God in this place. For me, the best part is that the teachers love and care about their students as individuals. Even the shyest students feel comfortable asking questions and seeking 1-on-1 help with these people who are not only instructors, but mentors to us. At Lu-Hi, I'm not only growing in my knowledge, I'm growing in my faith. And that's something not many schools can boast about.

Posted January 30, 2008

This is my son's third year at Lutheran and overall we are pleased. The MAP program for children with learning disabilites has been good, but expensive. Many of the teachers are very good and likable, but a few are 'old school' and could use an update. Staff is kind but very conservative.

Asian 2% 1%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6711 W Markham St