Posted August 28, 2014
This is a great school with caring teachers who respond quickly to concerns. The infant house is wonderful and the people are the best you will find. The post about a kid coming home in dirty clothes is not untrue but realize the kids play outside, they paint and have activities that keep them engaged and busy throughout the day so a little dirt is inevitable! If my kids came home clean as a whistle I'd wonder why. We've been there 3 years and are very satisfied.

Chenal Valley Montessori School 4

Posted August 14, 2013
We have our child in the Pre-K class. Overall a wonderful, engaging environment. The school actively engages parents, teachers respond quickly to questions, students and teachers seem happy to be there and office staff are warm and engaging and know students by name. Excellent experience and we're looking forward to the school year!

Chenal Valley Montessori School 1

Posted March 23, 2012
We sent our daughter here for 1 yr. She learned nothing.. All she did was play and came home with dirty clothes. Kids play outside no matter how hot it is or how cold it is. Small classrooms. Lack of leadership. We transferred to Little Rock Montessori and it's a night & day difference.

Posted September 19, 2010
Sad that anyone would give this school a bad review. This school is a wonderful place to put your children. If your children are capable of learning then they will achieve more of an education than expected. The Standardized test scores are above the average. The ladies who run the school are genuinely concerned about the nurturing and education of the children. The daughter doesn't teach she is administrative. Any little concern I have had has been dealt with swiftly and without argument. What school doesn't have it's issues. You can't please everybody. Profit claims are a joke. This is probably the least expensive private school to put your child into unless you are catholic in a catholic school. Monthly fees are low as well as enrollment fees. I have two children there and about to enroll another. They do have montessori training and college degrees.

Posted May 19, 2010
Love this school! I have two children that attend and are very confortable. I love the atmosphere, the teachers are very involved with the parents. I love how the children grow concern and care for each other, not only within their classromm, but with all students.

Chenal Valley Montessori School 0

Posted March 16, 2010
Be cautious. We were initially pleased with this school, but later realized that the students are not well prepared for success either academically at grade level in traditional school settings or socially when they move on. I wish I had pulled them out of cvms by around 4th grade.

Chenal Valley Montessori School 2

Posted July 02, 2009
We were very pleased with this school until the summer camp started. The children are not engaged and it is nothing more than daycare where the children are more or less left to entertain themselves. This doesn't work with most 2-3 year olds in my opinion. My child used to look forward to school every day and now she resists going. There is also a serious lack of communication by the summer camp 'teachers' (none of whom are Montessori certified) with the parents. On the flip side, during the regular school year, most of the teachers are excellent although some are not. Teaching styles certainly differ and there are some who take a more disciplinarian role rather than the nurturing role I have come to expect from a Montessori School. Fortunately we have been able to avoid this teacher and look forward to another great year in the fall.

Chenal Valley Montessori School 0

Posted August 17, 2008
CVMS is wonderful! 2 of my children attended. I am very pleased at the way my children had been taught: personal independence, independence in learning, manners, social manners/skils. and the advance math,science, vocabulary eduaction they provide. I feel that my kids are so much more advance, calm and well-behaved than other children in their group because they started early on at CVMS.

Posted February 20, 2007

Chenal Valley Montessori School
14929 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, AR  72223
Last modified Chenal Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Chenal Valley Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top