PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 17, 2015
the aftercare staff is fantastic, they are underpaid and overworked, but always pleasant. A lot of information of school practices can be gained from talking to after care as parents are not allowed into the actual classroom without invitation.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 17, 2015
Our sons teacher was a little out of it to say the least, dizzy and also used her own child as an example of why they want kids on medication

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 17, 2015
no homework was ever assigned to our child, only a folder of coloring sheets he completed was brought home

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 17, 2015
This school will take you to small claims for any late or unjust charges. Documents signed did not outline complete list of charges, upon refusal of payment they will pursue a injunction against your bank account. Further, they demanded we have a mental evaluation or would not accept our child back for the following semester. Hearing Date has been set. I would also like to add that our child has been performing fantastically in the LRSD, wonderful programs, no behavior issues. The complete lack of structure of this NON CERTIFIED Montessori is a tragedy to children... See :https://amshq.org/ for information on real certified Montessori Further more you will recieve a variety of invoices for items/services you will not have agreed to. Point in case... Had to sign up for summer camp ($90)... And then at the end of June they are now trying to charge $600 for tuition. Tuition? Summer camp is a daycare service they provide (all teachers on summer break). Children and care workers verify there are no lessons. Just play time for 4 weeks unless you pay special for a course provided by a 3rd party contract. Which we did do and the kiddo loved cooking. Back to the point. They are now threatening claims and suit over $600. I told them it was only worth $300 and would be happy to pay that and they said no "pay in full please as we do not want to see you incur court fees. Bottom line, we have no contractual agreement with them for the $600 claimed tuition for summer camp.

Little Rock Montessori School 1

Little Rock Montessori School 3

Posted March 10, 2015
We heard great things about LRMS before sending our child there. They promised to cater to her needs and told us how child focused they were. While the environment was very safe, she was bored there. When we pointed out that she had progressed far beyond what they were on, the school did nothing to address that. Rather, they just became defensive and went on about the glories of the curriculum. If you have a child who is ahead and likes traditional methods, this is not the school for him/her.

Little Rock Montessori School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
Little Rock Montessori has very high quality teaching. However, they will nickel and dime you to death. They are also extremely inefficient in terms of accounting and billing. As an example, they have monthly tuition rates, snack fees each semester, supply fees each semester, an annual book fee, and an annual building fee. Instead of adding all these fees together and dividing by 12 to give you one monthly rate, they hit you up for very unequal amounts that make planning a budget very difficult. While I may owe $550 in July, I owe $975 in August because of the building fee and snack fee and $775 in September because of the supply fee. It is also incredibly taxing on parent vacation days as they schedule field trips and events that parents are either required to attend or keep their child at home.

Little Rock Montessori School 2

Posted June 06, 2013
My husband & I were and still are great supporters of the Montessori concept. We have no complaints about the school as far as education goes. Our complaint is the fact that our daughter would be sent to the nap room if the teacher thought she was not minding in the morning class session. My daughter is not one to sit idle. She was placed in time out 3-6 times a day, and she would be sent to the nap room because the teacher said she "could not deal with her". If my daughter had not brought to my attention the time outs and the fact that she was being sent to the nap room, we would never have been told. My mother witnessed one of the teachers on several occasions yelling at the children. That is unacceptable! My daughter is now in the Little Rock School District and this year she has had zero problems. The teacher recognized early on that my child was finishing her work quickly and found additional activities for her to do until her classmates were finished with an assignment. My daughter was bored at LRMS and even when we asked for additional work we were told no. I am not saying this is a bad school, I am saying that I could not recommend the school after my experience.

Little Rock Montessori School 5

Posted April 18, 2012
My son started LRMS in the primary classroom the Monday after he turned 3. He is 6 now and is graduating from kindergarten in a month (his birthday is in October so he was almost 6 when he started kindergarten). He is reading at almost a 3rd grade level. He is solving 4 digit addition problems, subtraction, and learning multiplication. He is a sweet, loving, polite and confident child. I can't say enough good things about the Montessori program and the teachers, staff and director at LRMS. I love that a child's progress is based upon the child's ability and not restricted by his/her age or the level of other children in the class. I highly recommend this school, and have never heard a negative comment from any parent over the past three years. If you have any doubts, I strongly encourage you to drop by and observe the classrooms and ask for parent references.

Little Rock Montessori School 5

Posted November 11, 2011
Comments regarding the director could not be less true. Anytime we had a issue it was address immediately. She was there on a daily basis always extending her help even when we had a personal crisis. The teachers went above and beyond to ensure that my child was a whole person. I love the family like environment that the parents created. My son is now sucessful in anohter school because of the strong foundation that he received here. There is not one private school in this city that had nearly as many happy and productive children as this school in particular. I'm sorry if you had a poor experience but none of the negative information listed have a fair basis. I have and will continue to suggest this school for several reasons. If you did a little research all private schools in the local area are happy to take children from this school because they are so well mannered. There is not ONE private school that can make that claim. I am a very informed and proud parent of my child that is a product of this environment.

3704 North Rodney Parham Road, Little Rock, AR  72212
Last modified Little Rock Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3