9-12|Private

Bad
Good

As a alumni of Catholic High, a son of an alumni, and having three other family members graduate from this school I know a lot about CHS. My entire life I grew up hearing all these amazing stories about Catholic. How great of a school it was, how fun it was, all the traditions, etc. I still wasn't prepared for the greatest institute for education I have ever attended (and that includes colleges.) Catholic will take in your young son as a boy, and send him off into the world as a well prepared man on graduation night. The school is full of tradition and life. It provides an almost perfect environment for any young boy to learn; beyond excellent teachers, no distraction or drama from girls, and resources to attend the best universities in the country. The best part about Catholic, isn't its academics. It's the teachers who provide it. As a student there, I suffered a tragedy and lost my father early. The staff, specifically the guidance counselor & principal, were amazing to me through my grieving process. They worked with me for my time missed and always provided an open ear to talk to.The faculty cares more deeply and more passionately than you will find in any other school.

catholic high school is known for its discipline, community involvement, and for providing the best education in the state. it has what very few other schools in the country have: discipline; fights, drug busts, etc. dont occur nearly as much as they do in other schools. all throughout the year the school's mcjrotc unit, reach club, and other programs are actively involved in the community. the school doesnt offer ap classes, but makes up for that in preparing the students for college more than any other school. over 95 percent of the students proceed to college and hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships are earned by the students every year. there is also a sense of brotherhood in the school; there's a comradeship among the student body that cant be seen in any other school in the state. these are more than enough reasons to send your son to catholic high.

My husband and I also love and appreciate Catholic High very much! Regardless of your religous affiliation, (we do happen to be Catholic) the school is so much more to these boys! Our son went in a little boy and as he prepares for his senior year, is and will leave a man! He is provided with incredible interaction with teachers and they care! They don't coddle, but they do care! The JR ROTC program is the best not in just the city or state, but in the region! The fellowship these boys feel for each other is incredible! We actually recruited two boys to the school and they will both begin their freshman year in the fall of 2011.

Catholic High is such a great experience for my son. By the way, we are not Catholic. I love the interaction that the teachers have with the students; I love the tradition of the school; I love that the boys can be boys; I love the discipline; I love the religion history that is taught in the school; and the curriculum is difficut which will make the college years more succcessful. I can't begin to put into words the respect and admiration I have for this school.

Last modified Catholic High School For Boys is a Private school that serves grades 9-12