Little Rock, AR

Posted March 13, 2014
What an extraordinary experience; thrives on 'knowing your child well', and a rich base in education with respect, reverence and responsibility at its core. I have numerous children that started and completed their years at Episcopal; each one a different learner and different needs with each excelling. It's an unbelievably rich school in tradition, love and support. It started strong and continues stronger.

Posted October 15, 2013
This school is terrible. I pay over $11,000 dollars a year, close to $12,000 and I head over to a parent teacher conference to find that my son's math teacher has no idea what she is saying. Don't let the extracurricular activities and sports fool you. They have much more sympathy to the richer families who donate thousands of dollars to this school than the other families.

Posted June 12, 2013
We spent 4 years in pubic school and switched after realizing our eldest was in the top of her class academically, but spent more time running errands for the teacher or teaching her classmates. Although they work is more academically challenging, it still encourages the children to do their best. This is not a school for a child that does not know how to study or work hard, they will have to work hard to succeed. You have to want to learn to do well at this school. The only real issue we had was lack of communication with our middle child's teacher. We have loved the school for our children, but if you love to volunteer, don't expect to be welcome to volunteer as much as you want where you want. There are cliques among the parents, and among the kids. Unfortunately, it becomes a case of the haves and havenots. I wish they would enforce the dress code. Too many students, girls mainly balk at the dress code, which makes it harder for the parents who work hard to make sure their children are following the rules.

Posted May 07, 2013
There is a bad problem with cliques and bullying in middle school that admnistration will not address.

Posted July 07, 2012
My child graduated from Episcopal in 2011. This school is relatively new (just 9 or 10 graduating classes, I think), so you won't be able to find much of a history or college placement track record. However, the school has proven itself as an academically rigorous place with outstanding faculty. My son's class was on the small side (43 students, versus a normal number of 55 or so), but it had three National Merit Finalists, and it had admissions at the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, Columbia, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, UVa, W&L, Vassar, and Washington University, among others. However, the place is not only for "smart kids." Truth is, Little Rock isn't big enough to sustain a super-selective private high school. So kids who will benefit from a demanding school, even if they're not at "the top of the heap," will do well here. The extra-curricular opportunities are extensive, and the campus is wonderful. Check it out.

Posted May 09, 2012
I am currently a high school student at Episcopal Collegiate School. This school is WAY too academically challenging. The work level causes me to have 1-2 emotional breakdowns a month. The teaching style is alright, but overall. This school has unrealistic expectations. I would not recommend it.

Posted April 10, 2012
I have a sixth grade and a second grade student currently attending. While the education is second to none, I am most pleased with the culture of the school. The dedication to support strong core values coupled with the creative approach to academic learning makes this school one of which all can be measured by.

Posted April 30, 2011
I love ECS my son goes there he really enjoys the school and what it has to offer. This is his first year and I'm pleased.

The Episcopal Collegiate School 4

Posted May 15, 2010
My child was among the first class to attend the lower school this year. I haven't been thrilled with the teacher (not the best classroom mgmt skills) but love the school overall and think it has the potential to be an amazing center for learning and growth in the years to come. My child has access to art, music, science and religious education as well as big kids who set excellent behavioral examples. The ECS community really does feel like a family.

Posted January 31, 2009
ECS staff and students are focused on the whole learning experience. From the terrific curriculum, extra curricular activities, chapel service, sense of community and collegiate preparation, ECS is by far the best option in Central Arkansas. ECS could are well prepared for the most competitive schools around our country.

The Episcopal Collegiate School
1701 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, AR  72201
Last modified The Episcopal Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Episcopal Collegiate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top