PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We transferred from a public school to ECS over a year ago. This curriculum is very challenging and rigorous but rewarding. Sports are spectacular too. Episcopal Collegiate will definitely put your child on top! Very impressed with the staff and their involvement in the well being of your child. Best school in Arkansas!

My son just finished his first year in pre-k and he loves it! We are one of the have not families, and although I was a bit skeptical at the beginning of the year, my son, my husband and I feel very welcome and comfortable at Episcopal Collegiate. I volunteer for every party and go to every event that my schedule allows, and I have bonded with most of the other parents and teachers just through participation. The teachers have been more than willing to work with me to help my son succeed and their love for the kids is very apparent. The teachers truly love what they do and it is reflected in the learning that takes place in the classrooms. The sense of community and strong education is what makes this school so very special, and I look forward to seeing my son thrive in this environment for many years to come.

What an extraordinary experience; thrives on 'knowing your child well', and a rich base in education with respect, reverence and responsibility at its core. I have numerous children that started and completed their years at Episcopal; each one a different learner and different needs with each excelling. It's an unbelievably rich school in tradition, love and support. It started strong and continues stronger.

This school is terrible. I pay over $11,000 dollars a year, close to $12,000 and I head over to a parent teacher conference to find that my son's math teacher has no idea what she is saying. Don't let the extracurricular activities and sports fool you. They have much more sympathy to the richer families who donate thousands of dollars to this school than the other families.

We spent 4 years in pubic school and switched after realizing our eldest was in the top of her class academically, but spent more time running errands for the teacher or teaching her classmates. Although they work is more academically challenging, it still encourages the children to do their best. This is not a school for a child that does not know how to study or work hard, they will have to work hard to succeed. You have to want to learn to do well at this school. The only real issue we had was lack of communication with our middle child's teacher. We have loved the school for our children, but if you love to volunteer, don't expect to be welcome to volunteer as much as you want where you want. There are cliques among the parents, and among the kids. Unfortunately, it becomes a case of the haves and havenots. I wish they would enforce the dress code. Too many students, girls mainly balk at the dress code, which makes it harder for the parents who work hard to make sure their children are following the rules.

There is a bad problem with cliques and bullying in middle school that admnistration will not address.

My child graduated from Episcopal in 2011. This school is relatively new (just 9 or 10 graduating classes, I think), so you won't be able to find much of a history or college placement track record. However, the school has proven itself as an academically rigorous place with outstanding faculty. My son's class was on the small side (43 students, versus a normal number of 55 or so), but it had three National Merit Finalists, and it had admissions at the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, Columbia, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, UVa, W&L, Vassar, and Washington University, among others. However, the place is not only for "smart kids." Truth is, Little Rock isn't big enough to sustain a super-selective private high school. So kids who will benefit from a demanding school, even if they're not at "the top of the heap," will do well here. The extra-curricular opportunities are extensive, and the campus is wonderful. Check it out.

I am currently a high school student at Episcopal Collegiate School. This school is WAY too academically challenging. The work level causes me to have 1-2 emotional breakdowns a month. The teaching style is alright, but overall. This school has unrealistic expectations. I would not recommend it.

I have a sixth grade and a second grade student currently attending. While the education is second to none, I am most pleased with the culture of the school. The dedication to support strong core values coupled with the creative approach to academic learning makes this school one of which all can be measured by.

I love ECS my son goes there he really enjoys the school and what it has to offer. This is his first year and I'm pleased.

Last modified The Episcopal Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12