PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Faculties (teachers and administrators) make a very close community, which can be a positive thing between themselves. However, when it comes to their own kids, they make their own strong circle, which exclusively gives each faculty's kids extra special treat and attention. In result, faculty's kids get priority in almost every biggest opportunity, attention, leadership and scholarship. Teachers announce any tiny achievement or exclusively given leadership position of other teachers' kids as the biggest deal, while other kids don't even get fair attention. Since teachers have the loudest voice to press kids, unless kids are cunningly pretentious in front of teachers, your naive kids will be blamed or undermined. Unless your kid is extraordinary 1% world top talented kid who will succeed anyway anywhere, or you can sell your spirit and money to teachers as a board member at school, don't expect your talented kid to be treated in a fair way. Teacher will like if you and your kid stay quiet, no matter what these teachers maliciously use their power under the name of great companionship among teachers. It'seems like small size union against any more talented kids to promote their own kids.

It's been a slap in the face to find out what a backstage circus is going on there. Just because it is the most expensive school does not reflect on the qualifications of the administration. Talk about deplorables. After 6 years I am taking my daughter out asap. We will not be finishing the year there. Do not put your children in this school unless of course you can be a large donor and want to run the school vicariously, and need preferential treatment.

We transferred from a public school to ECS over a year ago. This curriculum is very challenging and rigorous but rewarding. Sports are spectacular too. Episcopal Collegiate will definitely put your child on top! Very impressed with the staff and their involvement in the well being of your child. Best school in Arkansas!

My son just finished his first year in pre-k and he loves it! We are one of the have not families, and although I was a bit skeptical at the beginning of the year, my son, my husband and I feel very welcome and comfortable at Episcopal Collegiate. I volunteer for every party and go to every event that my schedule allows, and I have bonded with most of the other parents and teachers just through participation. The teachers have been more than willing to work with me to help my son succeed and their love for the kids is very apparent. The teachers truly love what they do and it is reflected in the learning that takes place in the classrooms. The sense of community and strong education is what makes this school so very special, and I look forward to seeing my son thrive in this environment for many years to come.

What an extraordinary experience; thrives on 'knowing your child well', and a rich base in education with respect, reverence and responsibility at its core. I have numerous children that started and completed their years at Episcopal; each one a different learner and different needs with each excelling. It's an unbelievably rich school in tradition, love and support. It started strong and continues stronger.

This school is terrible. I pay over $11,000 dollars a year, close to $12,000 and I head over to a parent teacher conference to find that my son's math teacher has no idea what she is saying. Don't let the extracurricular activities and sports fool you. They have much more sympathy to the richer families who donate thousands of dollars to this school than the other families.

We spent 4 years in pubic school and switched after realizing our eldest was in the top of her class academically, but spent more time running errands for the teacher or teaching her classmates. Although they work is more academically challenging, it still encourages the children to do their best. This is not a school for a child that does not know how to study or work hard, they will have to work hard to succeed. You have to want to learn to do well at this school. The only real issue we had was lack of communication with our middle child's teacher. We have loved the school for our children, but if you love to volunteer, don't expect to be welcome to volunteer as much as you want where you want. There are cliques among the parents, and among the kids. Unfortunately, it becomes a case of the haves and havenots. I wish they would enforce the dress code. Too many students, girls mainly balk at the dress code, which makes it harder for the parents who work hard to make sure their children are following the rules.

There is a bad problem with cliques and bullying in middle school that admnistration will not address.

My child graduated from Episcopal in 2011. This school is relatively new (just 9 or 10 graduating classes, I think), so you won't be able to find much of a history or college placement track record. However, the school has proven itself as an academically rigorous place with outstanding faculty. My son's class was on the small side (43 students, versus a normal number of 55 or so), but it had three National Merit Finalists, and it had admissions at the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, Columbia, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, UVa, W&L, Vassar, and Washington University, among others. However, the place is not only for "smart kids." Truth is, Little Rock isn't big enough to sustain a super-selective private high school. So kids who will benefit from a demanding school, even if they're not at "the top of the heap," will do well here. The extra-curricular opportunities are extensive, and the campus is wonderful. Check it out.

I am currently a high school student at Episcopal Collegiate School. This school is WAY too academically challenging. The work level causes me to have 1-2 emotional breakdowns a month. The teaching style is alright, but overall. This school has unrealistic expectations. I would not recommend it.

Last modified The Episcopal Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12