Posted August 03, 2014
All those who said that Lisa was five star and terrific that was 2011 it's 2014 and let's say it has changed a lot. It is one of the worst schools I have been to. It is too small for the large amount of students they have and unorganized. Last year In some classes students had to sit on the floors! They also make students pay for a lot, but know one really knows where the money goes. For example they make students pay for expensive cheap quality uniforms. Some teachers are hard to understand due to accents and are ridiculous! One year I had a teacher who sent students to the office to call parents to bring them a belt! A belt, just because handbook requires students wear a belt students must waste valuable class time to call their parents and waste the parents time too! Lisa is a terrible school don't send your kids here.

Posted January 23, 2014
I was a former student in Lisa Academy who attended 6th-7th grade in 2011. Honestly when I attended this school, I thought the system was really out of place. But now that I moved to Texas, I realized how Lisa was an amazing school. First, it is really good for your child because usually there aren't "grouping" in students. Because it is a small school, everybody knows each other and get along pretty well. There aren't any 'cliques' or 'popular kids' to start out with. Also this is a really smart school. It has all the smart students and the teachers always keep them busy with tests, homework and assignments. I knew I hated it then but now it really helps me manage my times wisely. And because everybody works hard in class and home, nobody is labeled 'nerd' nor 'geek'. But there is some things that I really wished they had - money. Also because it is a small school, they lack in funds and activities. They do not have parties or "dances" regularly, and it is really rare to go on field trips. They also do not have any proper sports team that we could join. Overall it was an amazing school.

Posted October 30, 2013
LISA Academy is a fine school. The total number of students in each grade level is lower that the bigger local high schools. This allows each teacher to know all of the students in the grade level. There is one administrator that only deals with discipline. The teachers are empowered to use the discipline system in their own classroom, refer students for more serious issue, and a discipline committee meets to more fully evaluate serious infractions. The dress code is reasonable and helps parents (especially of girls.) The seniors at LISA Academy have special privileges! There is a senior staircase for seniors and teachers only that allows the seniors faster access. One of the seniors wrote a satirical essay about the staircase that was published in the 2013 Arkansas ACTELA Anthology. The seniors are also able to wear a special Toggery shirt. This year, 4 Ph.D's teach at LISA. LISA is a beacon of hope. As a parent of two young men who graduated from LISA Academy, I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 30, 2013
This is the worst school my child has ever attended. Because it is a charter school, the teachers are not trained classroom teachers and can not teach yet they pile an unmanageable amt of wk on the kids. The teachers teach to the smart kids and leave the others to fail. The children do not have textbooks at the LR campus, yet NLR does. There are too many kids for such a small facility which is a safety and health concern. I believe Lisa Academy invests most of its resources in the NLR campus. The federal funds rec'd per student is invested back into the NLR campus while the Little Rock campus is left dirty, with no books, and out of control with discipline problems and bullying. Lisa once had a great reputaton but now the new management has changed it for the worst.

Posted May 08, 2013
My son went here for seventh grade.. He was grouped with the most uncontrolled group of kids because of how he scored on his test. So you can imagine with him having ADHD being distracted all the time and not being able to participate in any sports he did not do well here. He didnt pass math and Social studies so they wanted him to repeat the grade. The curriculum was rigorous with homework everyday and every weekend.. Multiple projects worth and obscured amount if points. He complained repeatedly about not understanding the foreign staff. They had a nice music teacher and a nice counselor and Spanish teacher .. The rest of the teachers drove him down the entire year. The disciplinary system was tedious so you find out every time you kids chews some gum. They have mandatory tutoring that does not help with school work so your kid will have to stay late when he needs to be home doing a pile of homework . The study guides they hand out are vague not letting the kid know what content will actually be covered on the test. He did develop a string relationship with his classmates because he was with the same group in every class. Traffic is horrible!!!! West campus

Posted April 03, 2013
This school is terrible. I was a former student there for 7th and half of 8th grade, and I had terrible years there. Most of the teachers have the lack of English skills, but TEACH ENGLISH. Also, the languages you learn at the school are totally unimportant, such as turkish. Sure, the diversity is amazing in the school, but the way the school groups the students is awful. The schedules look like they threw darts at a board, and they group the students by intelligence. If you group a bunch of higher scoring kids together, they're going to think they're better than everyone else! Basically, bad students, bad teachers, bad curriculum, bad school.

Lisa Academy 2

Posted November 14, 2012
I am a student for this school and i hate it. People say you get good grades but really its just because most of the teachers pass us and never give us real work, unless its a core class. You are grouped up by how smart you are and you can probably guess how mean kids are if you aren't in advanced class. It is an okay school for science and math, but besides that, it is horrible. You really have no chance of a decent social life.

Posted October 27, 2012
I no longer recommend LISA Academy to anyone. Their scheduling is a joke and student academic support this year (2012-2013) for my 8th grade daughter is non-existent. There are textbooks in class, but none for the students' use and no other resources readily available for most classes for students to use at home. On scheduling, my daughter has 5 different classes that she has only once a week each. How exactly do the students learn anything going only once a week? Why is PE only once a week? Students need more physical activity than that. I will be pulling my daughter out of LISA as soon as possible, and not looking back.

Posted March 09, 2012
I was a former student at LISA. I attended for 5 years. It was a superb experience and deeply formative. The teachers care about students. I won't deny that there were administrative organization issues, but those couldn't possibly overshadow the success the school has clearly been having. Don't believe for a second that a student wouldn't excel because of a language barrier at this school. I can assure all parents that I was never taught by a teacher who didn't have full fluency. All of my teachers were clear in their vocabulary and had easily discernible accents. Most students would use this excuse if they were failing the class, because it is an easy excuse. Anyone who claims that admins or teachers are sexist or racist are also misleading you. Never before have I seen teachers with such a joy for teaching. It is very different from the apathy many students are used to seeing in public schools these days. Anyone who claims there is no community or that your student will be "socially awkward" as a result of attending LISA is also misleading you. I met my closest friends at LISA, and I'm a pretty sociable guy. If I had kids, they'd be at LISA Academy.

Lisa Academy 2

Posted January 18, 2012
I am relieved to say I am a former parent. Although I loved the diversity and quality of the student body (and by the way, start with bright high achieving students and your test scores had better be good--no need to start three hour practice benchmarks in August as Lisa does), the school has many problems. In addition to an apparently sexist, unresponsive administration (I could not get either an email response from nor an appointment with the principal), many of the teachers my child had seemed to range from "boring but nice" to "boring and mean." Only one teacher of a core subject seemed to engage my child. Yes, it is a safe school, but also mindlessly rigid about discipline, and extremely test-driven. Do not even consider it if your child is interested in arts, creativity, or subjects in the humanities.

Lisa Academy
21 Corporate Hill Dr, Little Rock, AR  72205
Last modified Lisa Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisa Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.