Posted June 26, 2015
I discovered this school halfway through its first year of operation. I had already enrolled my child in another Montessori when I discovered River Valley. I was so clear about the difference I saw that I moved my child immediately. We've been part of this school for 12 years. My children have grown and thrived here, having learned social and academic skills I don't see in other kids their age who attend other schools. We love the school and the guides, and have close friendships with parents. Experience and dedication to real Montessori education is what you'll find at RVM. They aren't interested in so-called "fluff" here, and the students are all the better for it!

Posted June 23, 2015
We chose River Valley Montessori after carefully visiting and observing all of the Montessori schools in Little Rock. The difference at RVM was astonishing! The children were calm, peaceful and so engaged in the lessons. There was simply no chaos in any of the classrooms, nor was there the stilted look of students using textbooks or worksheets. My husband suggested we "drop in" a second time and we popped in at lunch. This sold us on RVM, right then and there! We love having teachers who are very experienced and also that the school founders are teaching in the classrooms. We love this school and are happy to be part of a dedicated family community.

Posted June 14, 2015
We couldn't be happier with a school than we are with River Valley Montessori! The school was recommended by a friend a while back and we liked their page on Facebook and were blown away! After observing the classrooms we were sold! Our child loves it there and can't wait to go back when summer is over!

Posted June 10, 2015
We love RVM! Our child is receiving an authentic Montessori education in a warm and caring environment. After touring other Montessori schools around town, we saw something special at RVM. Most of the faculty has been there for a very long time and they are very dedicated to the work they do. This school offers a great education and has a wonderful parent community!

Posted June 08, 2015
Not only is this the best Montessori school in Little Rock, but also the only one that truly follows the Montessori Method and Materials. I was blessed to watch this school blossom from merely an idea to what it is now. This school has the most devoted faculty and staff, a beautifully prepared environment, and deeply values the best interest of every single child that attends. RVM is not just a school, it's a family. It's roots are firmly planted and Little Rock is LUCKY to have such a wonderful place for children. I could not have imagined going to school anywhere else and not only was I academically advanced due to this school's thorough methods, but I also had a much deeper desire for learning, working, independence and responsibility. This school works extensively to build strong, honest, independent and responsible beings, and does so in such a tender way. The primary classroom is carefully prepared and child-centered. The three to six year olds work independently and find much joy in their accomplishments and work. They are also highly self sufficient for what most consider them capable of. This is a direct impact that the primary guide has had on this classroom. She is wise beyond her years and her experience (as well as her heart and compassion) cannot be found anywhere else. They have an amazing and unique elementary classroom, in which upper and lower grades are combined - a transition that has been MORE than successful and practical. This classroom is rich with materials and beautiful lessons from one of the wisest teachers since Dr. Montessori and having such a wide age span allows the older children to soften and guide the youngest in the class. The Adolescent Community also sets RVM apart from the rest. The guide for this class has been with the school for nearly a decade and not only is she brilliant but she deeply understands adolescence - a rare trade. She values their many strengths as well as gently guides them through operating a business, peer relations, and strong academics (and a great deal of humor). Never have I seen more smiling young teenagers than in this classroom. If you are looking for a place that will guide your child towards independence, responsibility, honesty, kindness and a sound moral compass, you have found it - OBSERVE and ABSORB, because nothing like this exists anywhere else.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 08, 2015
One of the most authentic Montessori Schools in Little Rock. Excellent faculty and staff, proper use of materials, wonderful outside play space. The children are also thriving and happy. Schedule an observation and see it for yourself.
2 people found this helpful

Arkansas River Valley Montessori 1

Posted September 29, 2014
This school is truly lacking. There are so many other Montessori school options in the Little Rock area that offer better programs, kinder more well trained guides and updated facilities at a lesser cost. All you have to do is tour a few other schools to realize how outdated the school is in most areas.

Posted August 02, 2014
River Valley Montessori is a great school that takes Montessori education very seriously and does everything by the Montessori book: three-hour work periods, legit materials, trained guides, real self-care responsibilities for the children, and on and on. The best proof of the effectiveness of this school is the grace and courtesy shown by the students, who are always helping each other, and their parents and the school as well. Our five year old has thrived in the primary classroom, and we are re-arranging our family's life plans to enable her to continue to attend this school through high school. If you're looking for an authentic montessori experience and a staff that deeply loves the children it serves, you owe it to yourself to schedule an observation of the classroom in action at River Valley Montessori.
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 13, 2014
My name is Sam Piazza. I am a member of the staff at River Valley Montessori and I am proud to put my name with what I have to say about the school. After reading some of the comments on this page I wanted to set the record straight. All lead teachers at River Valley Montessori have certification from resident training programs, which is how the school maintains its full membership with the American Montessori Society. That can be found at amshq.org. If you come by the school, ask to see our certificate, as well as those of our teachers. I am very sad to see reviews like these, but we spend our time focused on the children in our school. Our Early Elementary guide has more training and more years teaching than any other Montessori teacher in Little Rock. Our Primary teacher was Montessori certified in 1988 and has taught Montessori ever sine. Our Adolescent Community (middle school) guide was trained at the AMI based NAMTA (http://www.montessori-namta.org) and has two masters degrees. I hope that those interested in our school will come by and see for themselves, as well as hear what our parents have to say about us. For testimonials from our parents visit arvmontessori.org
5 people found this helpful

Arkansas River Valley Montessori 1

Posted July 02, 2014
We were so excited to find this school but it has unfortunately taken a turn. They have slowly become more concerned with profit than the children and now have lost the BEST teacher they had and the only certified Montessori Teacher. For the amount you're going to spend on tuition you are paying for a glorified daycare provider. While I understand Montessori method is about letting the child lead and work with other children, at the end of the day a child needs direction and the staff here takes a lazy approach in the teaching department. We won't be going back and as a parent I felt I should let others know our experience as we looked at these reviews while looking for a good school as well.

Arkansas River Valley Montessori
1509 North Pierce Street, Little Rock, AR  72207
Last modified Arkansas River Valley Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Arkansas River Valley Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top